I am now an Odyssey owner!

msg221

The past couple of months we have been waffling back and forth about getting an Ody. We finally decided to do that since the 2015 models are being clearanced out so we bought the EX-L with the RES. Found out that nothing changed on the 2016's other than coming out with an SE model that has the vacuum cleaner and something else that I can't recall. I was worried at first about whether I'd mind it as my daily ride to and from work. Well, after driving it this weekend I don't think I will mind it at all. The one thing I love about it is that it doesn't feel like you are driving something huge.

I can't wait to go on our road trip next month to Las Vegas and Calif! But can you believe I haven't even tried installing car seats in it yet? It's too darn hot outside!

ADS

AllieK

Congrats! :D

My girlfriend traded in her BMW 4 Series Coupe right before giving birth to her twins a few months ago and even she is happy with the handling of the Ody.

msg221

Belated congrats! Yeah, it really doesn't feel huge at all, just nice that you can SEE so much!

Yes, the visibility is amazing as is the handling. And today I found out that even I can fit between a FR90 and an Argos in the second row! I didn't try to buckle myself, I was just amazed that I could actually fit!

I love it so much that I have texted my DH in the middle of the day just to tell him how much I love it! I don't miss my CR-V at all!

jwilliams

I'm glad you are happy with it! :D I've pretty much "resigned" myself to getting one next fall because that's about as long as I can handle my kids being three across, not to mention the fact that I often find a trunk so frustrating!

msg221

I'm glad you are happy with it! :D I've pretty much "resigned" myself to getting one next fall because that's about as long as I can handle my kids being three across, not to mention the fact that I often find a trunk so frustrating!

I don't know how you manage it in the Accord. When DH had his Accord before it was totaled in his accident, I tried installing seats in it and cursed the whole time trying to attach the top tether! Same thing in the Hyundai Sonata Sport we bought to replace the Accord. I couldn't even tether the Argos in there because I couldn't get all of the slack out of it since the tether anchor was so close. I hate installing seats in a sedan. I do admit though, I love the Sonata way more than the Accord. The seats are more comfy, it is quieter, handles better, I love the interior more, and you get way more features for the money. For under $24k (before tax, title, & license) we got leather seats, navigation, and lots of safety features like the backup camera, blind spot detection, and more than I can't think of. Plus you can't beat the warranty!

It took a lot before I finally "resigned" myself to the Ody as well. I thought I'd look at the Pilot because of the redesign, but even now they are still selling for MSRP and there is no way I am paying MSRP for a vehicle, so the Ody it was. Made the most sense for the versatility we wanted.

Last edited:

jwilliams

Swearing. Lots of it. I do only have one FF seat, so that helps with the tethers.

I know I'll be happy with the Odyssey, I just wish there was something like the Mazda 5 but slightly less smooshy and with better cargo space. I suspect that the Japanese Ody is perfect [emoji6] Maybe it, like the purple CCO, will eventually be available. I actually really like my SIL's 07 Ody but I want the safety and reliability of a new vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC