Is the Chicco nexfit the smallest vs infant seat?

AutumnGoddess

I need a new infant or convertible. I prefer convertible so i dont have to waste $$ on two kinds
We need to put my 22 month old in the 3rd row in our 2013 dodge grand caravan where she will sit with her 9yr old sister (Evenfl big kid amp) and soon to be brother due in Feb
we cant buy a new car right now. tried getting a sienna but we cant right now. hopefully next year during tax time.
What are my options to fit 2 rear facing carseats with a 9 yr old in a amp?

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Nextfit is nice and compact front-to-back, but not so compact side-to-side. I don't think it is recommended for 3-across situations -- particularly when one of the seats is a booster (need more room in order for the kid to buckle).

Seats I see more often recommended for 3-across are the Clek or Diono convertibles. A Combi Cocorro would also work for your new baby, although it wouldn't last as long.

I am not familiar with your vehicle, though. Hopefully someone else has more insight into how a 3-across works in your vehicle.

Also, you might want to check out the Successful 3 Across thread.

AutumnGoddess

The Nextfit is nice and compact front-to-back, but not so compact side-to-side. I don't think it is recommended for 3-across situations -- particularly when one of the seats is a booster (need more room in order for the kid to buckle).

Seats I see more often recommended for 3-across are the Clek or Diono convertibles. A Combi Cocorro would also work for your new baby, although it wouldn't last as long.

I am not familiar with your vehicle, though. Hopefully someone else has more insight into how a 3-across works in your vehicle.

Also, you might want to check out the Successful 3 Across thread.

Thanks. i asked some where else and i was told the same thing two foonf/filo or two dionos RF. I have a diono that i can use on my 22 month old and buy a new diono for the newborn that can come with a newborn insert and use the chicco nexfit FF with my 5 yr old. just hate that my 22 month old is gonna use a used old carseat my sons been using. I guess im picky Lol i wanted her to keep using HER seat. if it comes down to it wont be buying anything because we may be buying a Sienna in Feb with income tax

lgenne

You might actually have an easier time with something like a Graco MyRide or Evenflo Sureride in the center, either FF or RF. They sit up high on very narrow bases, which means more room for buckling a booster next to them, and low profile seats can "puzzle" under them. Although I think the Dionos might be incompatible in the 3rd row of the GC/T&C? The Coccoro might work well outboard. I think I've seen that the Graco "clones" (MyRide/MySize/Size4Me/Fit4Me) work well in that combination too.

AutumnGoddess

You might actually have an easier time with something like a Graco MyRide or Evenflo Sureride in the center, either FF or RF. They sit up high on very narrow bases, which means more room for buckling a booster next to them, and low profile seats can "puzzle" under them. Although I think the Dionos might be incompatible in the 3rd row of the GC/T&C? The Coccoro might work well outboard. I think I've seen that the Graco "clones" (MyRide/MySize/Size4Me/Fit4Me) work well in that combination too.

i wish there was pictures of the two seats with my booster to get a Visual. The only problem is its going to cost my husband a lot of money. He knew we would need a new seat for the newborn but not two. My nextfit is brand new. the diono isnt.

AutumnGoddess

ok i had to re-read what you wrote LOL. u mean either Myride or sureride.
but is this for newborn next to nextfit or for 22 month old and newborn in chicco? im confused now

AutumnGoddess

Specifications
Weight: 15.8 lbs
Overall Height: 26"
Width: 20.8"
Depth: 27"
This is for the MyRide 65 Convertible you talked about but has no info how the measurements are for RF.

The SureRide DLX
has these
For Use Rear-Facing Child Must Meet All These Requirements

Weight: 5 – 40 lbs. (2,3 – 18 k)
Height: 19 - 40 in. (48 - 102 cm)
Top of child’s head is at least 1 inch (25 mm) below the top of the child restraint seat back.

lgenne

Neither one is super compact front to back, but I think they should work there.

What convertibles do you have? You've listed a Nextfit and a Radian. Anything else?

lgenne

I think probably neither of them will work back there. I have a hunch that an Evenflo Sureride and a Cosco Scenera NEXT might puzzle well next to each other, but I only have access to a Scenera NEXT right now. Your husband will like the price on those two, if they work. Or maybe a MyRide and a Scenera NEXT, which is still way less than a new Radian.

AutumnGoddess

I think probably neither of them will work back there. I have a hunch that an Evenflo Sureride and a Cosco Scenera NEXT might puzzle well next to each other, but I only have access to a Scenera NEXT right now. Your husband will like the price on those two, if they work. Or maybe a MyRide and a Scenera NEXT, which is still way less than a new Radian.

I don't like those car seats. Sorry lol I had a scenera before and they all look the same even if they want to call it the NEXT. I always had trouble with there straps. I'm just going to go to bru and park the van close and bring all there seats from there store and puzzle them in. And if I have too also I will buy buy my 9 yr old a backless booster that is the smallest and use that instead of a high back booster. As long as the belt lays on her right. It will take up less room then a hbb. I spent so much money on the nextfit that I don't want it not being used.
Posted via Mobile Device

AutumnGoddess

I got the seats puzzled in now. RF chicco nextfit outboard 3rd row, Diono FF middle and a Bubblebum will be used for my 9 yr old outboard. My 11yr old and new baby will sit second row captains chair. New baby will use a chicco CX

lgenne

Oh, I thought the Radian needed to be RF? Turning it FF makes a difference. It's incompatible back there when RF.

The one thing to check is that there isn't side overhang on the Nextfit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC