One me, one van, four carseats & a furled brow

Synchro246

So I sold my Civic and I now have two spare seats. I could just leave them bouncing around my house, but they don't match my decor so I figured I'd put them in the van (03 Sedona). I figured it'd be great if me and a friend of mine wanted to do stuff together (though I don't know how her 4 yo would react to being put into a harnessed seat--I want to find out)

HOLY CRAP I couldn't belive how few options as to arragement I had.

Here's the CRs:
Boulevard (FF)
Evenflo TA delux (FF)
Roundabout (RF)
Safeseat 1 (RF, duh)

I have a bench in the middle with Latch & the split bench in the back without latch and with one tether anchor.

The TA's tether won't reach the anchors in this car! :confused:
The TA is a wide muther BTW and it's really picky about next to whom it sits. PLUS, lap shoulder belt combo makes it tilt. BLAH. I loved this seat in my mom's van and in the civic, but in my van it kinda stinks.

So. . .since this is a pretty pointless post (I had to share since I spent 2 hours playing musical carseats). . . Where do you guys store your spare seats?

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
We have 3 trucks. I keep a MA RF in each of them. I also have a BV that I keep in my bedroom as a spare for when I ride with others or someone watches Tucker. And I have a AOE I pretty much gave to my sitter for her granson to use.

scatterbunny

LOL--yeah, minivans aren't always a breeze, are they? I have a Windstar and really want to be able to fit three-across in my third row, but so far I've only been able to make it work once, with a harnessed seat that's almost expired and two width-adjustable boosters, but it's almost impossible to buckle the boosters. A Radian might be in my future if I can justify the cost for a spare seat that will rarely get used. :p

Evenflo knows about the short tether strap issue, and are working on a longer strap. They've said it should be available in a few weeks. I'd call them and let them know you need one. Evenflo has had short tether strap problems for years; for other seats they offer a "van-length" tether strap that doesn't come with the seats, you have to call and ask for it. They apparently didn't think they needed one for the Triumph Advance :rolleyes: , but enough complaints have come in that they are working on it.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
So. . .since this is a pretty pointless post (I had to share since I spent 2 hours playing musical carseats). . . Where do you guys store your spare seats?

Behind the couch LOL!

Seriously, sorry you had such a hard time!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC