Question Would you sell?

Athena

I get nervous about selling seats I couldn't replace, yet it seems a waste to have too many sitting around. Please help me decide!

Can you think of any advantage of the 2012 Parkway SGL over the 2013? We have two 2013s in use and I'm trying to decide if I should sell the 2012 that's sitting in our basement. The only advantage I can think of is that the back being more compact would make it more possible to use as a HBB in a 3 across, yet we haven't used it for that.

Also, how many Frontier 85s would you hoard for use as tall boosters? I love how tall they are, that they latch, and they've been the perfect seats when we really needed them. Yet we've had a couple seat transitions and find them no longer being used, but I could see that changing again in the future.

On the other hand, I wonder if selling is worth it when they aren't that new. It's a hassle and I wonder if I'll get enough to be worth it. I need to check the dates, but they probably have about half their life left, maybe a bit less for the SGL.

Thanks for the advice!

ADS

kater-tot82

I have sold seats with only half their life left. I sold my Regent when it was like that. I sold my SK Monterey booster when it only had a couple years left. I just sold them for relatively cheap because $30 was better than it sitting around. If you really don't think you'll use them again, I would get rid of them while they still have life left :) (I sold all mine on local CL or garage sale sites)

Athena

Thanks! I think if I have it, I'll probably use the 2012 SGL occasionally, but that's not the same as needing it. Or if I might even be better off selling and buying another option instead. I'll use a FR85 again, but will I use all 3, probably not. :eek:

Kel

I'd definitely keep 1 FR85. I love ours. I sold one to buy a FR90, I hated it!! So I then sold the 90 and bought another 85. You can't beat the long belt path!

Athena

I'd definitely keep 1 FR85. I love ours. I sold one to buy a FR90, I hated it!! So I then sold the 90 and bought another 85. You can't beat the long belt path!

Definitely keeping at least one, but you wouldn't keep all 3, right? My kids are out of harnesses, so it's unlikely we'll use them harnessed, but that leave us one harnessed option on hand.

So I'm thinking sell the 2012 PKWY and one FR85 ...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC