Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Guess what I saw at BRU yesterday?

drumroll please....a Como!

I went with the intention of avoiding the carseat section, because I needed to make my trip fast. But the cover caught my eye so I *had* to go look . I really couldn't believe it! So, anyone looking for one keep an eye out at BRU (fwiw, the store I was at was one of the bigger ones that also carries bugaboos lol. Not sure if that makes a difference).

They also had the Maxi Cosi Priori and Mico. I liked the mico, but it is HEAVY! Put a 10 lb baby in it and I think you could break your back or something . It also didn't make a real good 'click' when I stuck it in the base. I thought I had put it in wrong or something because it didn't make any noise (if it did, it was a quiet noise. The store was sort of loud so maybe I didn't hear it?) That would annoy the heck out of me!
    Lara

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: Guess what I saw at BRU yesterday?

Good to know, I'll have to see if the local BRU stocks the Como. Out of curiosity, which cover was on the Como you saw there? Did BRU have more than one cover choice available? Thanks.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Wow!

I will have to check my local BRUs. I didn't think BRU was an authorized dealer, though.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

It was the midnight desert- black and tan one

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2885646
    Lara

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Cool, thanks.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

i noticed it on their website the other day. Good to know some of them have it in store. We might have to go there if I go to Target today...
    DD 04-05 66 lbs/4' 6"
    DS1 03-07 66 lbs/4' 3"
    DS2 04-09 49 lbs/3' 9"

CPS Fanatic

Going to BRU this week, will have to see if ours has it, and if not, ask when they will be getting it in. Would LOVE to see one in person and compare to the MA.
    Lori (I drive Cadillac Escalade ESV) SAHM to Brooks 9/13/01 seatbelt only, Brady 7/4/03 seatbelt only, Kinsadie 2/23/08 Pink Britax Frontier, and Brakin David 6/7/10 FF in a cowmooflage Britax Frontier Clicktight

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to go see if my BRU has it. I think the sales people are starting to get to know me...
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012

No COmo at our BRU. Just went. Didn't ask the sales guy if they were going to get one because I didn't think he liked me very much. He was sort of helping a couple next to me (with a DD not too much smaller buy definitely much younger than mine) and they were trying the ETA right next to me (I was playing with seats with DS) and I mentioned to them that it has a great advantage over other seats because it RF to 35 lbs. The guy started talking to them immediately following that and something like 'Well if you REALLY want to do that it does rear face to 33 pounds.' I've talked to this guy before (when I didn't know what I know now) and he comes off as very knowledgeable, and never realized how much he wasn't up to date on his information.
    DD 04-05 66 lbs/4' 6"
    DS1 03-07 66 lbs/4' 3"
    DS2 04-09 49 lbs/3' 9"