New seat!

thekatie

After 3-4 months of listening to J2 & me complain about the Pioneer, DH bought us a new Radian! I think the final straw was when I was trying to buckle him in and the straps were uneven again, and I screamed. Loudly. Possibly with an expletive... :whistle:

J2 is THRILLED! We have a Cobalt RXT, and he LOVES it. So does DH, he refused to give it up and have a different seat in his car. So, we now have a "Shadow" R100 (I know the headwings look great in those videos that went around a while ago, but in practice I just hated them).

Took almost no time to get it set up and installed. J2 happily tried it out and let me take pictures.
9ddd057eac52d596cc92ecebe6c101d7.jpg

His words: "YAY! It's like the blue seat only even better! I love sitting like this! Now I can see all the cars coming up behind us again!"

The only thing is that it came with the new giant pads (which ARE only required forward facing right??), and I do despise those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

seb3244

Aww he is adorable! So was he forward facing in a pioneer? If so that is super awesome he prefers to rear face. I love the look of these radians but part of me can't get over how low profile the sides are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holly

I have heard that the pads are only required for forward facing, and when the time comes, you can request smaller pads from Diono to use instead.

thekatie

Aww he is adorable! So was he forward facing in a pioneer? If so that is super awesome he prefers to rear face. I love the look of these radians but part of me can't get over how low profile the sides are. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was forward facing in the Pioneer, and forward faces in an RXT in DH's car, but asked to go back rear for mine. J2 asks him every day "so do you want to sit forward again?" and every day J2 says NO! We love the low sides for him getting in and out, but I did like how "cocooned" he seemed in the Pria too.

I have heard that the pads are only required for forward facing, and when the time comes, you can request smaller pads from Diono to use instead.
I had heard that the big pads are only required for forward facing, but I didn't know that they will let you use the smaller pads instead. Our RXT is from before the required pads DOM, and I just took the smaller pads that came with it for using with this one in my car. The manual actually said "this seat comes with two sets of pads" but only the large set was in the box. I HOPE when the time comes I CAN still use the smaller pads! I'll call and see what they say about that, thank you!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC