FLLO QUESTION

cookie123

I'm thinking of going up to Buy Buy Baby to look at the Fllo and try it in my car. Do I need to read the manual first or is it intuitive? Should I buy it there or will I find a better deal online? I'll probably try the 4Ever too.

ADS

cookie123

Never mind. I decided I better just read it so I did. Just rear facing and removing the seat cushion and putting on the anti rebound bar. Is there anything else I should know?

jwilliams

There's a foot to flip out for RF and in for FF. To either remove or install the ARB, you need to take the LATCH connectors out of their storage. The ARB goes in from the bottom. There are two lockoffs; you only need to use one. The seat belt should rest between the four little belt guide tabs near the lock offs.

TBH, it is not the most intuitive seat, but that should cover you for a quick test!

cookie123

Thanks. I think I read all that except that you can use only one lock off.
Now I'm rethinking my plan because I forgot it's 90 degrees!

bnsnyde

It was not intuitive at all. I love my Fllo but setting it up...I had the manual out and it took like an hour. And I know seats. I am not sure how random parents find setting it up to be...
Could they make it easier to set up?

I like out of the box install more or less.
It's not awful, just not...intuitive.

cookie123

It was not intuitive at all. I love my Fllo but setting it up...I had the manual out and it took like an hour. And I know seats. I am not sure how random parents find setting it up to be... Could they make it easier to set up? I like out of the box install more or less. It's not awful, just not...intuitive.
It already had the bar on and the foot for rear facing so I basically just had to put it in there so that was nice. Good quick install. It takes up more room than the 4 ever front to back. I got an acceptable install with the Graco and more room for my passenger. The salesperson came out with me so that cramped my style a bit! I got in an argument sort of with her about the Pegs limits and then I did not find the 1 inch rule in the manual. She didn't know any convertibles had that but she seemed fairly knowledgable overall.

cookie123

They had the the safety surround Milestone. Do all the Milestones have that? It also seemed like the Milestone was deeper than the 4Ever. Maybe it was an optical illusion. I tried to measure with my arm. Ha ha. It seemed like it.

Will the Milestone last longer height wise than the Fllo? It's so much lighter and does give my passenger more room. I don't know how I'm going to pick. Also I have to find if the one inch rule applies to my Peg. I'm going to try and post some photos soon so you guys can help me decide if it's outgrown or not. I don't know if anything I have will work. I'm hopeless at measuring 1 inch.

Cnidaria

Yeah, I found it kind of annoying how at Buy Buy Baby, the salesperson had to stand around outside with us while we tried seats out. It felt like we were wasting their time, and couldn't really try things as thoroughly. And then "our" salesguy went to go help some people with strollers, and I was standing around with the next seat I wanted to try for what seemed like forever. MUCH prefer the BRU leave-your-license approach.

The Safety-Surround version of the Milestone is only at BBB, as far as I know.

The Milestone has an inch more RF height than the Fllo (27.5 vs. 26.5"); there's a column for that in the Size Matters space comparison article.

bnsnyde

I don't know if I made the right choice but I went with a 2nd Clek during the sale (this time Foonf). Wanted milestone but 40 lb. limit stopped me.
I figure the Foonf is better for FF due to rigid latch and Clek's technology with that seat. I just won't put it in the middle seat FF (no latch in back anyway) so even if it's tall, it should not be too bad b/c there is a big old headrest there anyway. Not like it's perfect visibility.

This way I can just keep 2 YO RF until she maxes out of the seat, and baby has one now, too. 2 YO is 34 lbs. and is a new 2, so I thought for us anyway 40 lbs. would be hit rather quickly. Plus fitting 3 in a row is always an issue for us, every time.! :)

DH can use the Clek really well, which is another bonus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC