Bin the Booster Campaign

Athena

First of all, terrible name. This could be dangerously misinterpreted. My initial reaction was quite negative.

However, reading an article on this campaign, what I came away with is that HBBs (with their additional guides, etc.) are more likely to provide a good fit compared to backless. It seemed to me they were talking more about the poor fit that can be produced by backless boosters, something that made sense to me after trying my kids in some backless boosters and I would imagine it could be worse for 4 year olds. Did anyone else get this out of it? Of course, that means it should be a different campaign with a different name, but they also want to sell their HBBs that, in all honesty, *may* be more likely to fit across the board. (Not that HBBs can't produce bad fit too, as we know they can)

Anyway, the whole thing just peaked my interest and I wondered what others thought or how they interpreted it.

P.S. Do backless not have guides in Europe?

ADS

_juune

P.S. Do backless not have guides in Europe?

I've this far bought two and both of those have the strap. But I think it's not universal, at least one manufacturer comes to mind that has a backless which comes in two versions, with and without the strap.

P.S.
The study by Arbogest et al, in wich they found no difference in performance of HBBs and NBBs for kids age 4-8.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC