Question Booster recommendations

izziebabe

My daughter is 4.5, 35 pounds, and about 40 inches. She's currently FF in a chicco nextfit. I also have a six week old. I was thinking that when I'm ready to move the baby out of his infant seat (sometime within the next 6 months probably), that I'd give him the nextfit and get my daughter a harnessed booster. She's not even close to outgrowing the nextfit, so is there any benefit to keeping her in it as opposed to a harnessed booster? I'm ok with buying another convertible if it's safer.
Otherwise, I was thinking of getting her a pinnacle or a frontier. What are the boosters that everyone loves?? I've spent the past five years learning about infant and convertible seats lol, this is new territory for me! I'm open to recommendations! We have an 08 Prius. I'd like it to be fairly easy to install, but we won't be moving it around hardly ever. Since it's just the two of them in back, size isn't really a concern either. I do prefer a harness that doesn't need to be rethreaded every time.
Thanks!!
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

lgenne

A combination seat (what you're referring to as a harnessed booster) is a perfectly good option for your daughter. A convertible is only safer than a combination seat in harness mode if you use it rear facing.

I think a Frontier/Pinnacle is probably overkill, given your daughter's size. Unless the baby is huge and you'll be handing it down to him, anyway.

An Argos would probably be worth looking at, if you want a no rethread harness.

izziebabe

A combination seat (what you're referring to as a harnessed booster) is a perfectly good option for your daughter. A convertible is only safer than a combination seat in harness mode if you use it rear facing.

I think a Frontier/Pinnacle is probably overkill, given your daughter's size. Unless the baby is huge and you'll be handing it down to him, anyway.

An Argos would probably be worth looking at, if you want a no rethread harness.

Thanks for your reply! And yes, a combination seat lol. The Argos looks really nice, thanks for the recommendation! What do you mean by the other two being overkill? Do they have extra things meant for younger kids?
Thanks again!
Posted via Mobile Device

lgenne

No, they're awesome for really big kids. They have the tallest top harness height on the market, and they're huge. They're great for giant impulsive 5 year olds, average size older SN kids who can't sit properly in a booster, 9 year olds who fall asleep on long trips, etc.

chelsi82

We got pioneers (similar to Frontier) for our twins & promptly retuned them and bought 2 Graco Argos seats for them. I liked the type of latch connectors on the Pioneer, but my kids hated everything about that seat for some reason. We've been really happy with the Graco Argos (for reference, my kids are 35-36 lb, 43" & will be 5 in 2 weeks)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

thekatie

J2 is about the same size & age as your DD. When we had to get a new seat I went with a Britax Pioneer. I hate it. J2 hates it. I keep trying to sell it to friends so I can go buy something else, but probably prefacing a sale with, "I hate this seat so much... Wanna buy it?" isn't a great sales pitch :p

Anyway, all that to say it is kind of overkill for that size (and it's smaller than a Frontier!) - J2 has SO much space in the seat. I got it based on the idea that if he takes longer than average to learn to sit properly in a booster it would still last him. But if I drive without him it rattles and drives me nuts, he says it's not very comfortable, and the straps have come undone within the seat before.

I know many people with an Argos or Nautilus who like them quite a bit. J2 has a hardcore love affair with Diono Radians, which we have in DH's car, so personally if I can get a new seat I'll get another one of those (because he's small, and it will still last him to booster age, even though it is a convertible not a combination seat), but if he didn't cry for "blue seat" all the time I think I would go with an Argos.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC