Allegiant Air with a Britax Roundabout G4

U

Unregistered

Good afternoon,

My family will be flying from Bangor, Maine to Orlando with a Britax Roundabout G4. I have been told the seats are narrow and advised by Allegiant any car seats over 17.88 in width may not fit. My Britax is 18 inches in width. Has anyone traveled with this carseat before or have any tips? I believe the row we are seated in also have immovable arm rests. Any help would be great. Thank you!

ADS

lanwenyi

What row are you flying in?

Unless you are in the front row, Most rows on Allegiant have moveable armrests.

I've flown with many carseats on allegiant, I've been able to get all of them on the seats.

I can't speak specifically about the Britax G4, but I have flown with an older Britax, and it fit fine. I even installed it rear-facing for my then 7-month-old.

U

Unregistered

We will be in row 3 which is actually one of the first rows so the arm rests will be immovable.

I've flown with many carseats on allegiant, I've been able to get all of them on the seats.

I can't speak specifically about the Britax G4, but I have flown with an older Britax, and it fit fine. I even installed it rear-facing for my then 7-month-old.
Posted via Mobile Device

melissa621

Are you sure about the immobile armrests? Even if you have those seats, you could probably always switch seats.

I just flew with allegiant and I was also worried about out seat fitting. We took a Diono Radian and it easily fit with the armrests down. I was worried for nothing though because Both of the armrests lifted and we could have basically gotten almost any seat to fit in there FF.

U

Unregistered

We will be in the 3rd row It's the first row on the plane so we will not be able to put the arm rests up.

Posted via Mobile Device

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't have experience with that airline, but I flew with delta last summer and used a roundabout g4. I believe we did need to move the armrests up in order to install the seat. Also, I don't know whether your child rides rear-facing or not.... On the way out I accidentally had the seat reclined too upright (it was on the "middle" recline setting which is for forward-facing only). On the way back I tried to recline it correctly and it couldn't fit. My kid was 16 or 17 months old at the time, so I just forward-faced her for the return flight. She didn't sleep, but at least her seat was installed correctly.

U

Unregistered

It may be possible. I paid extra for those seats as I thought they would be best for my little guy.
Can you change seats?

Any other row on the plane would allow you to move the armrests except the front row of seats.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC