Question Britax Parkway SGL G1.1 bad install?

Milkie&Cookie

Hi,

My daughter who is 8 1/2 and is 49 inches tall and 59 lbs begged me to take her out of her radian and in to a booster. She really wanted the cub pink Parkway (gag - not a fan of animal prints LOL). I tried to install it today in the middle row of my 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. With the headrest, the back of the booster doesn't touch the back of the car's seat. You can see that I can fit my hand in between the booster and the seat. This is with her sitting in it. If I take the headrest out, then there's no support for the head. In her Frontier (what I used to have in my van and now moved to dad's Cruze to take the place of the Radian), I just turned the car's head rest around and it fit fine.

Also - The anti-submarining clip seemed really high so I shortened it. Does it seem like it's ok?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 20150808_132026_resized.jpg
    20150808_132026_resized.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20150808_132045_resized.jpg
    20150808_132045_resized.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20150808_132103_resized.jpg
    20150808_132103_resized.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20150808_132123_resized.jpg
    20150808_132123_resized.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 25
ADS

katymyers

The Britax Parkway doesn't require you to have the vehicle head support behind the seat so you can remove it to get a better install. Same with the Frontier. The clip looks fine to me, you are allowed to use this seat without it though and with her size it's unlikely that submarining will actually be a potential problem, though if you prefer to use it it does look fine in your pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Athena

Did you read the manual? My Parkway's manual actually instructed you to remove the vehicle head rest if that provided a better booster-vehicle seat fit and I assume the latest manual is the same. Only some booster require vehicle head rest support and I only buy ones that don't because, although I'd prefer the added support, the booster-vehicle fit is usually better without.

Also, you were supposed to adjust the SG clip strap to the child as you did, but I should warn you our 2013 lengthens itself, so if you use it, I'd recheck the length weekly. Otherwise, it's a great seat. My DD moved into it at the same height as your DD is now and a year (and a few inches) later, it still fits great with room to grow and she still likes it. I just wish they had better fabric options, but can't bring myself to pay for a new one for a bit of purple fabric.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC