O.M.G the ignorance

Mama!

I was in Walmart tonight, and I spot this 3ish month old baby sitting in a very very old white plastic bucket seat. Mega old.

Secondly, she was perched, and I do mean perched, on top of a shopping cart. No clip on the back of that relic to snap it on the wire seat either.

This woman, (possibly grandma, appeared to be late 40's or early 50's) was pushing the cart around a pole. The pole had a price scanner box attached to it.

She was PUSHING the cart around the pole, and the scanner was pushing the carseat over! She didnt even notice! The baby was going to fall headfirst.

I dove and caught the baby, and pretty much tore into her. I pointed out that the box was knocking the baby off (and she just had this ignorant smile on her face, and didnt even acknowledge anything I said).

THEN I turn around and see the back of this seat and I realize there's no clip. I said "HEY Wait! That seat isnt even supposed to be up there! It doesnt fasten....."

as she walked away.

Oooooooh if I hadnt been needed at home right then....:mad:

Sitting in a 10 yr old bucket seat, badly badly strapped in, and barely sitting on top of a buggy over a hard cement floor.

Somebody put me out of my misery. My blood pressure hit 200.:mad:

ADS

scatterbunny

:eek: Wow, you were definitely in the right place at the right time. Who knows what would have happened to that poor baby had you not been there. :(

southpawboston

i think there were a few times we may have perched the infant seat on top of the shopping cart without the clip working on that particular cart. we wouldn't do it now, but we've done it.

Mama!

SPB, it wouldnt have been so bad if she'd actually been paying attention to the poor baby. But she was just meandering around with no clue as to how close she came to knocking the baby off face first onto the floor. Ugh.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC