Britax click tight RF until 4

Hazelandlucy

Is it realistic to RF in a Clicktight until 4? I know legroom is tight an kids used to outgrow the shell in the earlier generations before they got really big. Now it's almost impossible to outgrow by height, but can you realistically get a bigger kid to 4? Is it comfortable and easy to load?

My husband has two Britaxes in his car and I am wondering whether to take advantage of the Clek sale rather than try to fit DD2 in one all the way until 4. She is not crazy tall, but not small and probably in the 60-70% percentile at 18 months. Weight won't be an issue.

ADS

Mary_Ann

I would wait until she's really uncomfortable or if buckling becomes harder. Who knows which great seat will be available by then!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would wait until she's really uncomfortable or if buckling becomes harder. Who knows which great seat will be available by then!

I agree. Unless you really prefer the Clek and have a younger child you'd rather pass the CT to, I'd just wait.

kidrepair

I don't know how legroom in the CT models compare to the classic seats but DD4 is still rf in a Roundabout Classic. She's close to 39 inches and 32-33lbs and almost 4. No complaints. I made the mistake of letting her face forward for a trip recently and now she keeps asking to "sit the other way".

oakster

My nearly four-year-old has no issue with leg room in the Marathon G3 (which isn't to say there's a lot of it, but he doesn't really care). He does now ride FFing most of the time because he asked to switch and we had reached our RFing goal, but he would fit both in height and in leg room with no problem. He climbed in on his own beginning around 2.5, so that helped hugely with loading and unloading. He seems to think it's comfortable--we just moved him to a Frontier this weekend since we're getting ready to hand down his Marathon, and he complained that it doesn't have the "comfy soft armrests" that the Marathon has. :) He's 50th percentile in height, so I don't think it's unrealistic at all for the ClickTights, which are better on both fronts, from what I hear.

Hazelandlucy

Thanks for all the replies. What I am also worried about happening is DD1 outgrowing the G4 Britax FF at the same time DD2 outgrows it RF and they will both need the harness height of the Clicktight. So the obvious thing to do would be buy a booster for DD1 and put DD2 in the Clicktight RF, but do most kids make it to booster age in a G3/G4 Britax? DD1 is 38.5 inches at 3.8 yrs old and probably more torso than legs. She will probably be just under 39.5" when she turns 4.

I could always get a combination seat if that happens I guess. Was just really trying to find a reason for the Zoom Julius Foonf/Fllo!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC