Question Think it would be worth it/make more sense?

Keeyamah

I'm thinking of selling my Frontier 85 and Sureride and replacing them with a Harmony Defender (assuming I can find one). The FR85 and Sureride were in my mom's van and she is not driving my kids anymore. Quinn (6 in September) is booster trained and rides in a Evenflo Amp (main) or Harmony Lite Rider/ Youth (back up) and Sean will be 3 in August, so I'm comfortable with him forward facing in back up cars or when other grandparents drive him. Sean rides in a Radian in my car and will be rearfacing for a while yet, though I may turn him around in the spring when he's 3.5+ as I've got 3 across with my goddaughter and him climbing in over his brother or brothers booster is starting to get old :/. The FR85 and Sureride are in my garage and will spend most of their time there if I don't sell them.

WWYD in my situation?

ADS

bnsnyde

I tried a Defender but ended up returning it.
I chose the Sure Ride, and it'll last longer.
Both would have been OK for my 3 in a row, as I needed narrow. But the Sure Ride was even better due to the base design/puzzling.
The Defender required some assembly (not hard or anything, just...I have had to assemble a carseat before).

The Sure Ride is so light and easy to install so I'm really liking it right now.

If you don't need the Frontier, probably selling it is a good idea. We sold our Frontier90 simply b/c no one was using it, and it was pretty wide for most of our setups. I feel like the Sure Ride is a good second best since it's almost as tall, but easier for me to use in many ways.

Keeyamah

See, I've been spoiled by the low sides of the Radian. The Sureride feels so deep to me and its harder for my youngest to climb into, even on the couple of occasions he has been FFing in it. So I really doubt I'm gonna keep it.

bnsnyde

Makes perfect sense.
Ours in third row middle, so he jumps kind of sits right into it.

I can see though that the high sides (which I love in this position for his comfort and to keep the peace between siblings) would be not so great in another position!

Dillipop

The defender can be hard to install in some vehicles and is incompatible in some spots as well. As long as it will work where you want it to, then I think your plan is a good one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeyamah

The defender can be hard to install in some vehicles and is incompatible in some spots as well. As long as it will work where you want it to, then I think your plan is a good one . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is part of what gets me. I don't know what cars it will be going in.... I've gotten my Radian FFing wherever I needed them. It would most likely be going in newer cars, roommate's 2012 Chevy Malibu (I think that is one of their 4 door sedans? I know year and Chevy is right) and G-ma and Grandpers usually have newer cars as well when they are up here, either borrowing Aunt's or rentals. Bah.

Dillipop

I was unable to install it in the center of my 3rd row in my 08 Sienna. I tried all the tricks. The seatbelt from the ceiling seems to be the culprit in my vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeyamah

As I muse on it today, I think more and more, I'm willing to take the "risk" of it not installing. Most of them that I have read about have been, like yours, ceiling belts, trucks and other smaller cars. I'm sure I'm not remembering others, but based off of the cars my out of state in laws usually borrow/rent and the truck and car that Papa owns (DH's bio parents are split, lots of grandparents), I don't foresee myself having any trouble, except maybe in my roommates Chevy. I think I may try a Radian there to see how it fits with her Fit4me and Quinn's Lite Rider (I know there are differences, but it would tell me if it'll even work, or if an emergency comes, she has to put a child in the front pushed back, or maybe booster buckled center and Quinn climbs under...I'll try both).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC