Oh, my sweet DH...

lgenne

Yesterday he actually said to me, "I bet you've bought AT LEAST 10 car seats over the years."

Yes, hon. Yes, I have. 6 of them are currently in use. 2 were infant buckets. (Ok, so technically the second one ended up being semi-unnecessary. The first one expired when DS3 was 6 months old. He outgrew the second around 5 months, because he is a freak of nature. I also resold it for more than half of what I paid.) Another 3 expired and got recycled, one of which was purchased at his insistence. One is in the basement, and will be back in use in a few months. One lives at the ILs. And the Scenera NEXT is in the dining room.

I count 14 total. He was certain I had spent over $4000 on car seats, which is crazy. It's not like I bought 14 Foonfs! (Not that anyone who has spent $4000 on car seats is crazy, but his math is nuts.)

Last edited:
ADS

seb3244

Hahaha! $4000 that's a lot your hub must have been like geeez lol.

I have always purchased Black Friday or with stacking coupons.

I have these seats right now
Britax b safe - current seat for baby (paid $100)
Britax G3 advocate - the baby will use starting next month (paid $209)
Clek fllo- rf 3yr old (paid $240 I think)
Britax booster high back - for my niece (paid $60 bought used from a car seat tech)
Graco turbo safety surround booster high back- for other niece (just got it at target for $37 -over 1/2 off!)
Chico nextfit- spare seat for any of my 2 kids or my sisters two kids (got it new from target for $108)
& in the past I have given dd1's Graco snug ride infant bucket (which I got for free from my baby shower) to my sis in law who couldn't afford one. Oh and I just gave a Graco turbo booster high back (paid$26) to my friends bf's 5 yr old who was riding unbuckled in the back seat.

I may have a problem but I love safety and I can't help it hahaha

I think I am under $1000
Oh and I gifted same sis in law a convertible & my other brother in law a convertible for a niece and nephews 1st bdays

So prob right at $1000

Dillipop

12 years and 4 kids? I might hit $4K if I added it all up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnsnyde

I don't really know. We had like 4 Radians (saved us from getting a new van at the time), still have an Orbit Toddler that was $600. A new Fllo. 2 Advocates. A Cybex Aton 2. A Chaperone. A Graco 40. A Frontier 90. Lots more...

Actually there is nothing of value around here except the carseats!
Though now we have various backless boosters, too. Half a dozen most likely, here and there.

I read that "My biggest fear is that my DH will sell my horses for what I told him they cost." Replace it with carseats. Ha.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think last I'd totaled it up, my 100-ish carseats were over 5 grand? I re-sold most of them to reduce the cost of my strange hobby/addiction :D Most of my seats have been backless boosters, too, which is how my total seat count is so extreme for a non-instructor.
My dh used to really overestimate my totals, too, though, which was pretty funny since he never seemed to think the amount he spent on CARS was too high :p

1mommy

So there was the Snugride 22 for DS1, then the TrueFit Permier for like $150 and Guide 65 for like $70. For DS 2 I got a Keyfit (the Snugride 22 was recalled due to the buckle so I returned it and got a smoking deal on a Keyfit (so maybe $100 if you don't include the gift card). Then I got the Alpha Omega Elite as a present from a friend, got a Maestro on clearance at Target for like $33, then bought another new Maestro for $20 from a friend. Then I got a Maxi Cosi Pria for $150 and got a Milestone for about $150 too.. so I think I'm doing pretty good so far. Granted DS1 is 3.5 so there's still plenty of time ;)

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am close to $1,000 just on the 4 car seats we've purchased -- all of which are currently in use. It's really amazing how fast they add up. I'd estimate that by the time our two kids are done with seats, we'll have spent another $1,000 -- although the costs might slow down once we don't need to find seats for ERF in a small car.

chelsi82

So there was the Snugride 22 for DS1, then the TrueFit Permier and Guide 65 for like $70. For DS 2 I got a Keyfit (the Snugride 22 was recalled due to the buckle so I returned it and got a smoking deal on a Keyfit. Then I got the Alpha Omega Elite as a present from a friend, got a Maestro on clearance at Target for like $33, then bought another new Maestro for $20 from a friend. Then I got a Maxi Cosi Pria for $150 and got a Milestone for about $150 too.. so I think I'm doing pretty good so far. Granted DS1 is 3.5 so there's still plenty of time ;)
How did you get a truefit premier for $70?! Lucky ;)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

1mommy

LOl, opps, not quite that cheap, went back and fixed it. Although my hubby is already demanding I sell one of DS 2's "spare" seats because there is no way I need that many seats for him.

Dillipop

I got my true fit premier for $95 at target. It was an online return. It's been an awesome seat for all sorts of situations.

chelsi82

I got my true fit premier for $95 at target. It was an online return. It's been an awesome seat for all sorts of situations.

Agreed. Fantastic seat... And I thought I got a a good deal (5 years ago) for $170 lol

msg221

Is it even crazier that I have had a crapton of seats for kids that aren't even mine? It started when my twin godchildren were born and I bought extra bases for their infant seats for my car and then when I started babysitting them about every other weekend, I ended up getting my own seats to leave in my car to avoid having to switch them out all the time. Then I joined here and learned all about these cool new seats and I became a tech. Every seat I bought was on sale, many times for crazy cheap, like just over $100 for Radians on Wayfair and some of the best deals I received on seats was with sale prices stacked with coupon codes from Kohl's, something they don't do anymore. Off the top of my head these are the seats I've had over the past 7 years: Graco Safeseat, Britax Blvd, Britax Marathon, Graco My Ride, Sunshine Kids Radian, Diono Radian, True Fit Premiere, Graco Argos, Britax Frontier 90, Clek Oobr, and a Safety 1st Incognito (for my godchildren's 10 year old cousin, now that he lives with them and sometimes rides with us). I don't even want to know how much I've spent! It's a good thing I had all those seats though because our four grandchildren were born between 2008-2010 so having those seats came in handy when we babysat them, especially since we always had two of them at a time! Right now the seats I use are the FR90, Argos, and Incognito. I'm excited because my godchildren have a new cousin (a 2.5 month old baby brother to the 10 year-old cousin). I am sure I will have him as well so I'm looking forward to new seats again!

meljc

My net outlay (after selling some and crash reimbursements for others) is $900 for two kids. The current fleet for that price includes: Keyfit (borrowed), Nextfit x 3, Coccoro, NEXT, Secure Kid x 2, Bubblebum x 2 (one from a giveaway), KidFit (giveaway). I think that, barring an accident, I won't need any more seats until they all start to expire in 2020-2021 :dance: At that point the kids will be 7 and 10 (though both extremely short) so we should just need a few little boosters :jive:

CMeMeC

I think I've purchased 14 seats, right at $1000. Two infant seats, three convertible seats, two combination seats, four high back boosters, and three backless boosters. My parents have purchased, for my kids alone to use in their vehicles, two convertibles, two combination seats, and three high back booster seats, totalling around $700.

Rm2000hg

I've had a Safety 1st alpha omega, Graco bucket seat, I think 3 Sceneras (I can't remember how many I've had for me and how many I bought just to give away), Graco ultra cargo, Compass booster, turbo booster, Britax Parkway & matching Decathalon, Marathon, Orbit Toddler, another marathon, Tribute, Keyfit, Radian, Roundabout, Diono Pacifica, Foonf, a few harmony boosters, few cosco backless boosters, a ninja turtle backless booster and probably a few that I am forgetting... I don't want to think about how much I've spent!!

The crazy part is that quite a few were purchased before I had a child or fostered.

cookie123

I can't remember all the seats anymore! I wonder if I can find an old post where I listed them. How would I search for that? Ha ha!

seb3244

Is it even crazier that I have had a crapton of seats for kids that aren't even mine? It started when my twin godchildren were born and I bought extra bases for their infant seats for my car and then when I started babysitting them about every other weekend, I ended up getting my own seats to leave in my car to avoid having to switch them out all the time. Then I joined here and learned all about these cool new seats and I became a tech. Every seat I bought was on sale, many times for crazy cheap, like just over $100 for Radians on Wayfair and some of the best deals I received on seats was with sale prices stacked with coupon codes from Kohl's, something they don't do anymore. Off the top of my head these are the seats I've had over the past 7 years: Graco Safeseat, Britax Blvd, Britax Marathon, Graco My Ride, Sunshine Kids Radian, Diono Radian, True Fit Premiere, Graco Argos, Britax Frontier 90, Clek Oobr, and a Safety 1st Incognito (for my godchildren's 10 year old cousin, now that he lives with them and sometimes rides with us). I don't even want to know how much I've spent! It's a good thing I had all those seats though because our four grandchildren were born between 2008-2010 so having those seats came in handy when we babysat them, especially since we always had two of them at a time! Right now the seats I use are the FR90, Argos, and Incognito. I'm excited because my godchildren have a new cousin (a 2.5 month old baby brother to the 10 year-old cousin). I am sure I will have him as well so I'm looking forward to new seats again!

And don't forget the Chico nextfit you sold me:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC