Seat for a small soon to be one year old in an Acadia

brymommy

Gah there are so many new seats on the market since my older two were in car seats.

We're looking at getting our baby a new rear facing seat for her birthday as her bucket is starting to get annoying since the handle has to stay up. So getting her in and out can be a pain since for the most part the seat just stays in the car.

She's petite but has long legs. She's got a captain's seat to herself in the Acadia so we can really get just about anything. However I'd like to keep it reasonable in price.

I'm not super short, but short enough that big seats can be a problem.

What are some decent seats to take a look at other than Britax or Radians?

Oh and bonus points if it can be bought through seats or WM... Or somewhere that has free shipping. We live in the north and don't have access to much else and sometimes shipping can get expensive.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

1mommy

Personally with long legs I'd skip the Britax, simply because it a pain to put her in the seat with little leg room. I personally love our new Graco Milestone from Target, its pretty compact too and its nice and low profile for lifting the kiddo in their seat when you are short. You can get it from WM or Target. Its a convertible seat that also becomes a high backed booster.

There's also the Graco "clones" to speak MySize, Size4Me, Headwise, and Fit4Me. Same seat basically just different store that sells it.

Lest you think that I secretly work for Graco, let me also suggest the Fllo from Clek, its a bit more expensive but is also fairly low profile, has an optional anti rebound bar, and has certified Green guard fabrics that are also spill proof. I think the best place to get those is Amazon.

The Diono seats can be a pain to install so I hear, and some people hate the harness adjuster but its a good seat for legroom if you are ok with its "quirks".

SnoGurl

I think OP may be in Canada, in which case we don't have any of the Graco options mentioned. We will be getting the Contender and the Dimensons soon, but not sure on exact landing time.

Britax/Radians are still good options, as well as the Clek seats (foonf and Fllo). Walmart and Sears both sell the SureRide/Titan65, as well as the Graco Myride.
Posted via Mobile Device

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I've got a long legged, petite kid and love the leg room in the Peg Perego convertible. Snuggle Bugz has free shipping but I'm not sure if they charge for remote areas; assuming you are in one.

My post assumes you are in Canada. The store I mentioned is Canadian and the seat I mentioned has an anti-rebound bar here that creates more leg room than the U.S. version without it.

SnoGurl

I've got a long legged, petite kid and love the leg room in the Peg Perego convertible. Snuggle Bugz has free shipping but I'm not sure if they charge for remote areas; assuming you are in one.

My post assumes you are in Canada. The store I mentioned is Canadian and the seat I mentioned has an anti-rebound bar here that creates more leg room than the U.S. version without it.

Oh, the Peg-- I always forget about it, but also a great choice.

OP shop.ca has been having some great sales lately, you may want to check them out.
Posted via Mobile Device

featherhead

Yup, I love my Peg for my little girl. She is almost 2, and has plenty of height and legroom left.

brymommy

I'm also looking for recommendations for seats that are more affordable.

I know the Radians and Britax and Pegs and cleks are all great seats. However 350-500+ just isn't in the budget.

I also know there are great seats in more affordable price ranges. ie under $250...

I would love some suggestions with that in mind :)
Posted via Mobile Device

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I liked the My Ride when we had one. I've heard they are adding a ridiculous 36" rear facing height limit now though. And most of the other budget friendly seats either also have a low rear facing height limit or need to be installed at 45 degrees so take up lots of room. Those 2 reasons are why I ended up with a Peg. But what one person considers a deal breaker isn't to another so I'm sure someone will offer up some other seats that may work for you.

Another suggestion is to flip the handle back on your infant seat when you need to take her out, then flip it up once she's buckled in. That would give you more time with the current seat.

featherhead

How about a Graco MyRide or Evenflo Triumph? I loved both of those seats as well. The Triumph has a 37" rf height limit, but with a shorty that could be well past 3.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
There's a big hole in the market for the $175-300 range.

The Evenflo Titan 65 is $100 at Walmart this week. It's called the SureRide everywhere else, and the difference is mostly cover colour. The current Titan 65 is quite cushy with premium UAS connectors. Other than what has been mentioned already that's about it.

brymommy

I liked the My Ride when we had one. I've heard they are adding a ridiculous 36" rear facing height limit now though. And most of the other budget friendly seats either also have a low rear facing height limit or need to be installed at 45 degrees so take up lots of room. Those 2 reasons are why I ended up with a Peg. But what one person considers a deal breaker isn't to another so I'm sure someone will offer up some other seats that may work for you.

Another suggestion is to flip the handle back on your infant seat when you need to take her out, then flip it up once she's buckled in. That would give you more time with the current seat.

I have a really hard time being able to push the handle button on the far side to flip the handle up and down. Otherwise it would be a great option.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC