Car seat nirvana?

melissa621

I thought it didn't exist, but I seriously think I just made it there. We've gone through about 1 millions seats (hardly exaggerating). I bought a Foonf in Todidoki a month or so ago. This was after my son had HUGE issues with the fabric on the green Foonf. Love this seat. Leg room is awesome and its SO easy to install!

Then I had a Advocate and I swear it was like I was trying to fold my son into it now that he's 2.5. He's really short too. Looking for some other options, I picked up a MyRide and holy amazing. He loves it and he has SO much more leg room than he did in the Britax. He has a TON of growing room in it too. I never tried it since I don't see it recommended often. It's perfect for my short kid though!

I think I might be done buying car seats for a while! Maybe...

Attachments

• 11709667_10101261439447244_2938332169666153463_n.jpg
    11709667_10101261439447244_2938332169666153463_n.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 93
  • myride.jpg
    myride.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 93
ADS

cookie123

Good to know car seat nirvana is obtainable! It looks like he has more leg room in the My Ride than the Foonf.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I adore my MR. It's one of my two favorite RF seats ever. I understand why it doesn't get more love (width & not the greatest for FF,) but for RF - I just adore it. Glad to see you've found happiness! :)

melissa621

I was pretty amazed with the leg room in the Foonf (especially since we were used to Britax), but the My Ride is just as awesome in its own way. He doesn't get horrible head slump in the MR like he does in the Foonf.

I guess it's understandable that its not recommended often, but for someone with a shorter kid, it's awesome. It doesn't take up nearly as much room front to back as I thought it would!

bnsnyde

Looks great!
I went with the Fllo for my tall 2-year-old, and coming from an Advocate, wow the leg room!

I had a carseat nirvana moment, too. :) I was also amazed that my 97% height 6-year-old fits so well in the Sure Ride and is NOT even on the top slot. I was going to have him take that to grandma's house (long drive out of state) but I think they are going by train now. So I probably will give him the Harmony Youth backless to bring with him once he gets there, no real way to carry or install a bigger seat anyway. He knows how to use the backless so it should do the job. Good Consumer Reports ratings, too. Even better than the Clek Olli he uses in the van!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:dance:
Very cool!

Hahaha, I remember reaching carseat nirvana, back in 2002 when I had a Britax Super Elite and a Marathon for my harnessed 5 yo and RF 3 yo. It's a very distinct and happy feeling you never forget :D

cookie123

:dance: Very cool! Hahaha, I remember reaching carseat nirvana, back in 2002 when I had a Britax Super Elite and a Marathon for my harnessed 5 yo and RF 3 yo. It's a very distinct and happy feeling you never forget :D

I loved the original Roundabout. I hated the Marathon's harness adjuster. And all other hard to do adjusters!

I loved the original Roundabout.
:yeahthatlove:
Even though I drool at the abundance of ERF/EH seats on the market today, I'm glad that the majority of my kids' harnessed days were in that easy-to-install-and-easy-to-adjust marvel of car seat design.

OP, so glad you've found car seat nirvana. With two 5-stepped almost-14YOs, I have to get my carseat fixes vicariously through the CSO family;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I loved the original Roundabout. I hated the Marathon's harness adjuster. And all other hard to do adjusters!

Oh no kidding! MA was a pain (and mine was the built-wrong, *totally* impossible to adjust one, till the recall made it marginally better), but remember how awesome it was when it came out and was so tall with such a high RF weight (33lbs, lol)? There was literally no other way to RF a skinny 3 year old. I totally spent big bucks on an RA just for the adjuster and cute covers to use for Leah for like 18 months, though, that seat was the love of my life.

Sorry to hijack, Melissa, that word nirvana can really set off a flood of emotions :D

Kel

My 3.4 yr old DD's favorite seat is the My Ride. I keep buying Radian's,Pria's, britax,...wanting more cushion,safer, ect.

She always wants her my ride. Cries for it even! So that's were down to for her, 1 my ride. All the fancy seats are gone, lol. She has great leg room. Loves her cup holders. It's light and easy to install. My DD will easily make it to 4 RFing in it. BUT...I really want to try fllo for her. I figure she's small enough to FF in it until booster age. I hesitate through, as I bet she'll still want the My Ride even FF!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC