Oh Graco Milestone- how do I love thee?

1mommy

Oh Graco Milestone, I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach...

Seriously I just love our new Graco Milestone!

I love how low profile it is, no more squishing my son into his seat, easy to buckle and adjust the harness too. Not a huge fan of the infant insert buckle protector but I'm going to try taking out the infant insert. It also feels really cushy in comparison to the Size4Me, I almost love this seat so much I'm debating about replacing the Size4Me in Dh's truck with it, (I hate it being so high profile and I'm short and his truck doesn't have running boards) but he would kill me if I bought yet another car seat and I love it too much to give it up. Just had to share, if I had told anyone this in real life they would look at me as if I was nuts, lol.
View attachment 27621

P.S. I know his chest clip is a little low, I adjusted it after taking this picture. Please ignore my messy car in the background.

Last edited:
ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Glad you are happy with your seat! Can I ask what car this is in and how it compares to your other seats in terms of front-to-back space when RF?

cookie123

Glad to hear a positive review. Do you think it sits lower than the average clone lol? Or is it just that the sides are lower? I might get this for Griffin if he outgrows the Peg before I feel like ff ing him. I'm also considering the Fllo but it's a hassle to try it in my car. I have some time so I can consider as much as I like!

1mommy

The car is 2003 Toyota Avalon. I had in a Maxi Cosi Pria 70 previously, and that's supposed to be very compact on space but wasn't THAT compact when I used the level line (which was recline 3). The Graco Milestone fits in really well, and at first I installed and thought that just seems way to much space and seemed way too upright in comparison so I checked and it was on the most reclined setting but I played around with it to make it more reclined and put it in the newborn recline because it just looked so compact I couldn't believe it. Granted I'm just going by looks here because I'm short and don't need any leg room or I can't reach the pedals (I'm 5'3 in the morning and 5'2 in the evening, lol). On the other side I have a First Year True Fit and I can judge by looking at it gives me a lot more space so if I have a tall passenger I could always move it there, but generally I don't have any besides DH, and then he generally drives. If you want me to go out and measure I can, but I'm not sure what I'd measure, lol.

The sides are lower and its not on a high base I think, I haven't seen them side by side because the Size4Me is in DH's truck (Toyota 4 Runner). It still has a base for the easy recline options but it's just much lower.

I used to have to squeeze Booger Breath 2 in his Pria by kinda dropping him in the seat, and generally bonked his head getting in, poor thing, luckily he has a strong head. Then I didn't like how I had to squeeze all my upper body in over him in order to buckle him (I have short arms) I also felt like the headwings of the Pria were kinda obnoxious, I disliked how he would lean forward to look at his brother while I was trying to buckle him. Also I found it a pain to adjust the headrest on the Pria.

At first I was a little shocked because the sides were so low in comparison to the Pria but I love it for easy loading. The seat pan is a little shallow which might not be the best thing in the future for an older FF kid, but for rear-facing it works wonderfully. And I love the green color! And I noticed it had mesh kinda holes in the sides of the seat fabric to allow more airflow which should be good because he's a sweaty baby. Really the only thing I don't like is that the belt path at the back is closed so I can't reach around the back to tighten the harness.

Brianna

Did you ever have the Size 4 Me in the center of your Avalon? That's what my cousin is looking at her for 2000 Avalon (also leather seats). I thought her infant seat installed difficult in the center so if I can give her a heads up that would be cool :)

1mommy

I haven't tried it out but I had no troubles with my keyfit in the center, but I can try it out maybe sometime this week, I need to play car seat shuffle for our upcoming beach trip.

BTW, between a ff pria, true fit, does anyone have a preference? Booger breath 1 is Ff in Dh's truck in a maestro and he can get head slump, normally not a big deal but for a long road trip I want him to sleep as much as possible. I could try and rear face him again in Dh's truck since he rf in my car, but it might not go over well...I'm leaning towards true fit due to easy instillation and the fact that he normally rides in it in my car.

1mommy

Ok found one downside for an older rf child, there isn't much legroom, but really that only matters when I'm sitting next to him- he he puts his legs on me an after a week of a beach trip I'm about to be driven bonkers by him.

I currently have it ff and the MySize, or Size4Me rf in my husbands 4Runner. So any questions you have feel free to ask and I can try to answer them. I'll try and get pictures too.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You mentioned that you wish you could reach around the seat to adjust the harness -- overall how would you compare the Milestone adjustment to the other seats you own/have owned?

1mommy

I've never had a radian or a cco so I can't compare it to that, but its not bad on the whole, I just prefer to gently pull the last remaining slack out of the back to make sure its tight. I got in the habit with my TrueFit and this seems easier to adjust. Actually now that I think about it, I find it easier then the MySize, there was one day I don't know what was going on but every time I put DS2 in the MySize one side was longer then the other and it was driving me crazy (something about the way he was sitting that day). If it wasn't a Sunday I would have been tempted to call up Graco because I was convinced that there was something wrong with the seat.

1mommy

Did you ever have the Size 4 Me in the center of your Avalon? That's what my cousin is looking at her for 2000 Avalon (also leather seats). I thought her infant seat installed difficult in the center so if I can give her a heads up that would be cool :)

I just installed it on the side and it's very upright there's a nice gap between the base and my seats which if I had a pool noodle handy I'd be tempted to use that or a rolled up blanket (does Graco allow pool noodles??), but for now neither is worth the troubles. I tried placing it in the center to see how it would do and it doesn't seem as slopes but still would like a blanket. It didn't help that it was a bit bigger then the center seat and I had a true fit next to it. But it doesn't seem like it'd be problem install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC