My new Radian! IMG HEAVY!

happyfrog

Well, the long awaited Fed-Ex delivery arrived! (I couldn't find the camera when they came to the door, lol or I'd have a pic of the delivery, too. *grin*)

It's a small box!!
IMG_1757_1.jpg

Opening one side of box - ooh I'm so excited!
IMG_1758_2.jpg

Got the car seat out of the box. Several pieces. Hmm. Perplexing.
IMG_1759_3.jpg

I figured out how to open the seat! *smile*
IMG_1760_4.jpg

Other side of the seat - lots of do-hickies to deal with!
IMG_1761_5.jpg

Page of front facing installation
IMG_1762_6.jpg

Another page of more front facing installation
IMG_1763_7.jpg

I give up! Shauna, I'm coming over to your house! :) (shauna measuring seat for curiosity sake)
IMG_1764_8.jpg

Shauna reading the manual. (at this point, I'm playing with the seat, and did you know the seat fits INSIDE the regent? Wish I had taken a pic of that!)
IMG_1765_9.jpg

The latch is getting inserted.
IMG_1766_10.jpg

Another shot of something, lol more latch pic?
IMG_1766_10-1.jpg

The weird dohicky stop piece. We weren't real sure how to get that thing to fit on the car seat as there wasn't enough space to insert the harness metal thingy in.
IMG_1768_11.jpg

Never fear! All figured out!
IMG_1769_12.jpg

ADS

happyfrog

pics cont'd. Did you know there's a limit of pics per post?!!

Hmm. What's this piece? (turned out to be a rf tether thingy)
IMG_1770_13.jpg

The big moment - it's being installed in the car!
IMG_1772_15.jpg

Final adjustments
IMG_1773_16.jpg

Shauna's adorable son and seat tester.
IMG_1774_17.jpg

Whenever MY kids wake up, I'll take pics of them and add them to this.

Really, in retrospect, not a big deal to install, but it was a bit confusing for that one add'l piece that goes on the harness back if your kid is under 40 lbs.

Also, there was this add'l piece of plastic that confused me at first. Turned out it was for the rf position and also display. Well, you never know. you might want to have your carseat on display in your living room, right? *grin*

BettyAnn

scatterbunny

Congrats on the new seat! He looks great in it. :D I bet you and Shauna were in seventh heaven playing with the new seat. :p I know I would have been! That's a Windstar, right? What year?

happyfrog

Congrats on the new seat! He looks great in it. :D I bet you and Shauna were in seventh heaven playing with the new seat. :p I know I would have been! That's a Windstar, right? What year?

We DID have fun! *grin*

I have a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan with those cool stow and go seats. we bought it used a few months ago when I was pregnant with twins and needed to upgrade. I miss my old Suby, though. :( That car ROCKED!

scatterbunny

Oh, the captain's chairs look similar to my Windstar. :p How do you like the stow and go seats? They look nifty! I never considered a Caravan (in my price range) because they all had Generation 3 seatbelts, but the newest one, the one with the swivel captain's chairs, now THAT looks awesome. In a few years maybe I can get one of those. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC