Need local car seat for 2.5 year old 30 lbs

wondering1

Hi there.

Short visit from relatives flying in Friday morning and leaving Monday evening.

Unexpectedly, I need a car seat for 2.5 year old, 30 lbs. currently forward facing. Looking at what I can get locally, looks like the Costco Apt 50 is available right away.

I can go to Babies R Us, Toys R Us, BuyBuyBaby, Target, Walmart, etc.

I was checking http://carseatblog.com/30022/comparison-of-budget-priced-convertible-carseats-under-100/

We won't need the seat after Monday. Will I be able to donate it?

Blah! Family members promised seat available but ours is expired.

Thank you for any ideas on an inexpensive seat that I can walk in and buy tonight.

w1

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Check to make sure the straps are tall enough. As long as they are the APT is an ok choice though wide.

Target carries both the SureRide and SecureKid or Maestro at many locations and either one is a good choice. At his weight the Chase (walmart carries) would also work. (All are by Evenflo and lightweight and easy to install in most cars and planes.) all would last long enough to be kept as a backup/travel seat.

If this is just the one trip and it won't be used again (even on the plane home?) the Cosco High Back Booster (also at Target and Walmart) which, despite the name, is a harnessed combination seat and not useable as a booster, is cheap and an ok choice as long as he is below the top slots as well.

wondering1

Scenario NEXT only has 13.5" top slots? Asking to see if this is high enough. Picked it up but doubting the top slot.

Evenflo SureRide DLX 65 Convertible Carseat in Steel is $100 at one Target - the others say 4-7 business days before they will be in store.

Evenflo SecureKid DLX Harness Booster "not sold in this store" for our whole area

Evenflo Maestro Harness Booster Seat available today $80 in a few stores in one color

Evenflo Advanced Chase LX Harnessed Booster Car Seat, Twist - available today $65

Cosco High Back Booster - out of stock

Seems like I should go get the Evenflo Advanced Chase LX $65 and if the Scenera doesn't work then use the Chase?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC