If you have 4 in car seats, what's your vehicle?

lgenne

For Sienna, look pre-2011. The 2011+ Sienna has all kinds of issues with car seats.

For Odyssey, look for 2011+, or pre-2011 with a...rebuilt transmission? Someone correct that if I'm wrong.

ADS

littleangelfire

The 16 cup holders totally made me lol. Dh and I had a long talk last night and while him and I love the look of the mazda5, we decided if we went with that we would always probably feel we should have went with a full mini van. I do want to take trips together and his excursion just isn't going to cut it has wise for family trips and stuff. He thinks I've hit my head or something lol but we are coming around to the idea and since my kids are still so young, I would like to have that extra cargo space no matter how uncool I'm going to feel.

I love the look of the newer style sienna, I'm not totally sure on the Honda, now with buying used.. What's years should I be looking for? I heard some are better than others for issues they had and such?

Yeah, and as they get older those kids will have potentially more stuff or friends and just plain be bigger. I'm an avid Honda lover, but the Sienna is what we found in our price range so it's what we got. I believe the Honda Odyssey is more fun to drive, though. I prefer the way the new Sienna looks over the newer Odyssey, though.

For Sienna, look pre-2011. The 2011+ Sienna has all kinds of issues with car seats.

For Odyssey, look for 2011+, or pre-2011 with a...rebuilt transmission? Someone correct that if I'm wrong.

Yes, definitely. The model year Siennas 2004 (I think, I know for sure it's at least 06) through 2010 were car seat heaven. I have more LATCH positions than I know what to do with, and haven't had any issues installing anything in there, and fits booster riders well, too. Honda I think it's 2006-2010 that you want to try to get one with a rebuilt transmission, IIRC. I was loathe to admit a minivan was our new vehicle but we spent weeks looking at SUVs and it just wasn't worth it. :(

bubbaray

Honda tranny problems were pre-2005

2005 Ody has only 1 TA in the 3rd row and it renders the cargo area pretty much unusable.

2006 to the redesign (2011??) has 3 TAs 3rd row on the seatbacks

I personally prefer the styling of the new Sienna but my kids are beyond needing harnessed seats so I don't care about how car seats install.

chelsi82

We have an '09 Sedona & an '06 Expedition. 4 in seats, id say Sedona, 200%. There's space to move, space to store, easy to drive--it has pep.
Mazda 5 will fit, but installing anything rear facing is a pain imo... Others to consider: Ford Explorer like 2002?-2009 I think... That body style anyway.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

lgenne

Mazda 5 will fit, but installing anything rear facing is a pain imo...

Really? Not that a Mazda 5 would be my first choice for a primary vehicle for 4 kids, but ease of install is one of the things I LOVE about mine. Second and 3rd row. I've only ever had RF convertibles in the 3rd row, but I've had an infant bucket, RF and FF convertibles, and a booster 2nd row. I've never used a vehicle that was easier to install car seats in, including our 2013 Odyssey. (They're often a tie, but the 5 wins when they aren't.)

chelsi82

Really? Not that a Mazda 5 would be my first choice for a primary vehicle for 4 kids, but ease of install is one of the things I LOVE about mine. Second and 3rd row. I've only ever had RF convertibles in the 3rd row, but I've had an infant bucket, RF and FF convertibles, and a booster 2nd row. I've never used a vehicle that was easier to install car seats in, including our 2013 Odyssey. (They're often a tie, but the 5 wins when they aren't.)
I didn't think of rf in 3rd row... That's a good idea :). My mom has one... And our seats are big, so that prolly has something to do with it :)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

lgenne

My 2 RFers are back there right now. :) I love it. I don't have to run around the car to buckle multiple kids. And my 5 year old has finally figured out how to buckle his Parkway, so I just have to check it. (He often routes a belt wrong somewhere.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC