is there something norrower then the Radian?

lourdes

so for safety reasons I had to put my 7 y/o dd back harness, the issue is that i need a three across in a suzuki, we got dd #2 a scenera next and it firs next to the Radian but,,,,, there's a problem, the Radial will not install with seatbelt, its just too low profile, i got the 2 installations side by side independent installs but with the Radias using latch, dd #1 is 43 pounds so she is out of the new regulations for the latch wieght limit

ADS

lourdes

No 😢 no foonf or filo for sale here.... I was thinking of a Sureride will do a better puzzle? Having the Next side by side?

1mommy

Just in case you hadn't tried it- not sure why kind of car you have, but did you know you can twist the female end of the seatbelt buckle up to 3 full twists to try and get the buckle out of the belt bath of the radian, or you can also try to put the seatbelt so its fully in the belt path.

lourdes

Just in case you hadn't tried it- not sure why kind of car you have, but did you know you can twist the female end of the seatbelt buckle up to 3 full twists to try and get the buckle out of the belt bath of the radian, or you can also try to put the seatbelt so its fully in the belt path.
Yes I tried that but it didn't work either way

lourdes

How can I now the measurements of the car seat on the outside? To see which one is more narrow?

christineka

Also try popping out the recline on the radian. The radian is 17 inches wide over all(at the shoulder area), but 14 inches wide at the base. There is nothing more narrow than the radian, other than a vest or a bubblebum. The defender is 17 inches all over, so will not puzzle, like a radian will.

lourdes

The recline of the Radian I tried and it didn't do anything, I didn't think about the vest! Is the best safe if she falls asleep?

lourdes

I was reading the review about the safe vest but it's basically the same as a booster, I am having behavior problems with her in the car, so I don't think it's a good option, I was looking into a new Evenflo seat Evolve or something like that but the harness height is only 18 inches and the Radian is 17.5 and she is close to be even at the Radian, so I don't know, oh I don't know what to do!

jaemom

I was reading the review about the safe vest but it's basically the same as a booster, I am having behavior problems with her in the car, so I don't think it's a good option, I was looking into a new Evenflo seat Evolve or something like that but the harness height is only 18 inches and the Radian is 17.5 and she is close to be even at the Radian, so I don't know, oh I don't know what to do!

I don't know about measurements, but I tried to put my 7yo back on a harness last year due to behavior problems. I used a harmony defender we already had. He was old enough to just unbuckle it, so it didn't help me much with his behavior issues. Good luck.

lourdes

I don't know about measurements, but I tried to put my 7yo back on a harness last year due to behavior problems. I used a harmony defender we already had. He was old enough to just unbuckle it, so it didn't help me much with his behavior issues. Good luck.
She doesn't unbuckle her self, she is not strong enough and she is good in that part, even if she can she will not unbuckle her self, her problem is that she will not sit still for more than 5 minutes, she needs constant reminders but my turning point was a day that she was sooooo hyperactive and out of control on a single trip that at one point I looked back and she was all the way down looking for something on the floor, I stop the car, talk to her, 5 minutes later she did it again, so when we got home we got the Radian installed

jaemom

She doesn't unbuckle her self, she is not strong enough and she is good in that part, even if she can she will not unbuckle her self, her problem is that she will not sit still for more than 5 minutes, she needs constant reminders but my turning point was a day that she was sooooo hyperactive and out of control on a single trip that at one point I looked back and she was all the way down looking for something on the floor, I stop the car, talk to her, 5 minutes later she did it again, so when we got home we got the Radian installed

Yeah, mine was just hitting and kicking his brothers!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC