Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Alternatives to the Roundabout G4?

For someone who likes the cushiness, installation, ease-of-use features, and safety features of the Roundabout g4, and needs something that would fit the same niche (needs to RF for awhile, but not forever -- only to 2 years old -- needs to fit RF in a small car), are there any other seats I should check out?

I am intrigued by the Scenara NEXT and hear it is very easy to install, but it seems like it wouldn't be as comfy and doesn't have as many safety features like EPS foam. Is the Scenara NEXT truly an awesome seat? Or is it just awesome for it's price point?

Scenara NEXT is $44 and the Roundabout is about $144. That's a pretty big difference, but I am not finding a lot of other seats in that range that fit a similar set of criteria. Is there anything else you'd recommend?
    Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Alternatives to the Roundabout G4?

The NEXT is easy to install for a budget seat. It isn't the same class at all.

The Nextfit is similar on those counts, but much more expensive.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Perhaps a Coccoro? I wasn't in love with it (though it's adorable,) but many are!
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!

Carseat Crazy

What about that new Maxi Cosi Vello? It's actually a bit more expensive at $183, but in same range as Roundabout.

I got my Boulevard G4 for $160 as a lightening deal on Amazon so it's worth checking - sometimes they have Roundabouts as well.

CPS Fanatic

The CCO is nice, but not easy to install.

What about the Graco Comfort Sport/Classic Ride 50/Ready Ride?

The ComfortSport is an absolute pain to install rf and shorter than Many rear facing only seats. Most kids outgrow rear facing by height before 18 months, some before a year.

The Coccoro isn't too tall (about the same as a scenera) but not as short as those. And it's easier to install in almost all vehicles.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Carseat Crazy

We have a coccoro for our smaller car. I don't find it difficult to install in our subarus. My almost 3 year old rides in it and has plenty of room rf and ff but she is smaller than average.

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    The ComfortSport is an absolute pain to install rf and shorter than Many rear facing only seats. Most kids outgrow rear facing by height before 18 months, some before a year.
    OMG, definitely NOT a Crapp-o-Sport. My most H.A.T.E.D. seat ever and I've owned a few!

I have always loved Britax seats for their ease of installation. And their cute covers.
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

Coccoro was, in my experience, either a dream or nightmare to install. Depended on seating position, and there was no in between. So it definitely *can* be an easy install.
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie_R View Post
    Coccoro was, in my experience, either a dream or nightmare to install. Depended on seating position, and there was no in between. So it definitely *can* be an easy install.
    Exactly! Even within one vehicle, it can be super easy or super awful. It was a dream outboard in my Honda Insight, and a nightmare in the center.
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

I've only met 3 seating positions it was very difficult in. In all 3 cases Euro routing wouldn't work and in all 3 it worked fine in another position in the vehicle.