Carseat photos Part 1

ThreeBeans

Model:

3 years old, 35 pounds, 40 inches, roughly 15 inch torso.

The BRU employees think I'm nuts with my camera and tape measure :rolleyes: Unfortunately my camera died half way through my selection.

(This exchange took place when that happened:

Me: Crap! I ran out of juice!

Bean the First (hopefully): Apple Juice?

Me: No, baby. Battery juice.

Bean the First (confidently): Oh! Need go store, need buy MORE juice!)

Britax Diplomat

100_1742.jpg

I got 15 inches on it, but you'll see something interesting in the next photo.
100_1745.jpg

Hard to tell from the picture but the top-most position is at least 1.5 inches below Bean the First's shoulders.
100_1743.jpg

Britax Boulevard

Barely 16 inches, even with the padding pushed down
100_1746.jpg

He has about 2 inches in this seat. I can't figure this kid out.
100_1747.jpg

Cosco Alpha Omega

You know, for all our hating, this is a nice, solid harnessed seat. I like the front adjust feature (note the red tabs at the top).
100_1750.jpg

He has about 1.5 inches in this seat. It's quite possible given his current stats he might actually make it to four and forty in this seat (and no, the head rest was NOT in the booster position).
100_1749.jpg

But, ah, the real downfall of the AOE...it makes an (expletive deleted) booster. He's within the booster stats so it should fit him. Right? Nope. Look at the lapbelt.
100_1751.jpg

Evenflo Triumph Advanced

Nice seat, but WHAT were they thinking with that harness adjuster? the tabs slide right below the shoulders every time the kid wiggles. Honestly, though, I didn't mind the harness tightening knob, seemed fairly easy to use.
100_1753.jpg

I get at least 17 inches, you know, if the harness straps didn't fall down :rolleyes:
100_1752.jpg

Watch out for the next installment, in which I tackle the Comfortsport, the Titan, the Apex, the Chase, the CarGo, the SS2, the Turbobooster, the Big Kid, and the Regent ;)

ADS

Holly

Cool pictures! Thanks!
He has got to be the cutest little boy I've ever seen! What is his name again?

ThreeBeans

Cool pictures! Thanks!
He has got to be the cutest little boy I've ever seen! What is his name again?

Matthew and thanks :love:

I thought Matthew was the nicest sounding name I had ever heard when I was pregnant with him. Didn't know until afterwards that "Matthew" was the number 1 name for little boys in Massachusetts in 2004. :rolleyes:

I made sure that wouldn't happen again by naming the next two Eden and Ezekiel. LOL.

keri1292

No offense, ThreeBeans, but ya know how some names match? Matthew, Eden & Ezekiel most certainly do not!:p But, I do love them all. I loved the little Matthew that I babysat in college.:love: He was almost as cute as yours.;)

The different measurements vs. fit is really interesting.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You know, I'm starting to wonder if they've changed the top harness height on the 3in1's. :confused: You didn't happen to measure the top usable one did you?

My neighbor's kid also just barely fit the top harness position at almost 4 and 38lbs. Granted the family is all on the shorter side, but I was still shocked...

Looking forward to seeing more pictures. And I REALLY wish we had the triumph advance in Canada. I would so be buying one & using it until we needed the height of the Radian. :whistle:

Last edited:

soygurl

You know, I'm starting to wonder if they've changed the top harness height on the 3in1's. :confused: You didn't happen to measure the top usable one did you?

My neighbor's kid also just barely fit the top harness position at almost 4 and 38lbs. Granted they're ASIAN, so shorter stature overall, but I was still shocked...

Looking forward to seeing more pictures. And I REALLY wish we had the triumph advance in Canada. I would so be buying one & using it until we needed the height of the Radian. :whistle:

Sorry... pet peeve. "Oriental" CAN BE an offensive term when used in that context... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ZephyrBlue

So did you just go to take pics and play with seats or did you buy something? Reading about other people's purchases is almost as much fun as buying seats of my own :whistle: Your DS is a handsome little model, too- do we get to see pics of the little curly haired princess in the next installment? :love:

ThreeBeans

I went to go and play with seats. While I was there I happened to notice they had some solid winter tights for sale for fat little legs, so I grabbed them, but that was just a bonus :eek:

I got one picture of Bean the Second in the Britax Diplomat...it fit her quite well. She wasn't really in the mood though, so I didn't make her suffer. LOL.
100_1744.jpg

ThreeBeans

I am all about Hanna Andersson. To be specific, cheap, second-hand Hanna Andersson. LOL. :p

Thanks everyone! You are all really supposed to be looking at the carseats, though ;)

MsFacetious

Yeah I'm thinking Bean the 4th needs an M name. lol

I also made a BRU run last week. Just don't have the energy to post the pictures. lol We tried the Apex, Triumph Advance, Evenflo Generations, Cosco AO, Boulevard and I think that's it. lol

My girls wouldn't have even made it to 3 in the AO. They have room in the Apex, Triumph and Generations. They are about the same size as Bean the 1st.

ThreeBeans

If there were the Bean the Fourth I'd probably name her Marion. But, I think I'm going to have to settle for naming DH"s vasectomy.

MsFacetious

LOL I vote for a Bean the 4th! :)

I love the name Zayden... I get so much crap for it. Now I will say... well then I like Ezekiel. They will be like... huh? Then they will leave me alone about Zayden. LOL

I do like a lot of unusual names, I just didn't use them on these children. lol

I like Mariska for a girl. :) She would be called Mari, to go with Ali and Sadi... now my OCD says they must match. :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Sorry... pet peeve. "Oriental" is an offensive term when used in that context... :thumbsup:

Sorry, I had no idea. I thought it was more generic than singling out a specific country or race... I guess I shouldn't have said anything. :eek:

(Or maybe just said his whole family is vertically challenged & left it at that..:thumbsup: )

eta: I changed the original post, if you want to edit it out of your post too. I'm sorry I didn't realize this when I posted... and here I was trying to be PC. :eek:

ZephyrBlue

Trudy, my DH is from Vietnam and frequently refers to himself as both Oriental and Asian. Not everyone considers it to be offensive :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC