twisting belt stalks and boosters?

rachelandtyke

I am not thrilled with where the top of the buckle lies in relation to the belt path for DD1's nbbs. It is better with her Turbo than the Harmony.

Is it ever permitted to twist the belt stalk a full twist to get the buckle a little further from the belt path for a booster like it is for a seat installation?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Not really.

There are circumstances where it might be the parental decision I made (an airport shuttle with horrifically long stalks for one ride) but as a regular thing I'd find a booster That worked better or a different seating position.

rachelandtyke

Thanks. I pulled the TB out of the other car, and it is a better fit with the buckle since the seat is higher. I should take pictures and see if it is even an issue. It might just be me. It does tighten fine, I'm just not thrilled where it hits.

I also need to fit the belt adjustor strap for her TB to see if it helps with the belt placement in the 3rd row. It's fine in the captain's chairs, but doesn't even touch her in the backless. It worked fine with our highbacks.

All our car seats and boosters have been a breeze up until now. The nbbs are giving me a headache, lol!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What vehicle? Belts not touching is a known issue in the3rd row of a few vehicles and adjuster clips aren't really an adequate solution. :(

rachelandtyke

2001 town and country
If it's not going to help at all, I won't bother trying to find it. We're moving next month, so less things on my to do list is better! She'll be bummed if she's stuck in the captain's chair, but she does have good belt fit there.

rachelandtyke

Thanks. I'll give her the choice of sitting in the back with the high back or in the captain's chair in the backless. I'm sure she'll pick captain's chair as I told her she could go backless full time since she turned 10. ;)

zeo2ski

If the twisted stalk had any tension though it would just twist the other end of the belt as the stalk tries to untwist.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC