Travel Questions

mayasmommy

So, we are flying next week, and renting a car at our location. We do not plan to do a ton of driving there, but some. (Puerto Rico)

At home, our 7 year old travels in a Britax Frontier and still uses the harness. Our almost 5 year old (40" and 35# string bean) uses a Radian.

We have the CARES harness for the flight for the little one, and I don't usually use anything on the plane for the 7 year old anymore.

I was thinking of bringing a backless booster for the 7 year old and a HBB for the little one. It is just easier to carry around, and I do think those options are safe for them. I was thinking of packing the HBB into some of the luggage, and checking it that way, but am unsure what to do with the HBB. I guess, I can separate it and do the same?

But I did want to get some opinions.

ADS

AllieK

Per the FAA, the CARES harness can only be used for a child less than 40", so you will not be able to use it for either child.

aeormsby

I would get a Bubble Bum or Incognito for your oldest (Incognito has a 60lb min, Bubble bum is 40lb). And take a NBB for your 5yo (the Harmony Youth Booster has a 30lb min and fits small kids great). Especially if you really don't plan on much driving and/or you have the possibility of having an adult in the backseat with the kids.

We always carry on the boosters (at least on the way to our destination). I don't want them to get lost on the way there. The Bubble Bum fits nicely in a carry on.

And I wouldn't worry about the Cares for your 5yo. I don't remember if we used ours over the 40" stated height, but I think we stopped using it once the kids were 5yo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC