Toyota Truck Tips needed! Britax, Diono.

SnowMom

We are about to trade in three older cars for a new Toyota Truck. Tacoma vs Tundra in terms of car seat installation please!!! I currently have a Diono Radian and a Britax Advocate 70. The Radian will be rear-facing. The Britax Advocate FF. Will the Radian fit RF? Is there LATCH in the back seat? Can the AirBag be turned off in the front seat to allow for an additional spot to install a car seat? We live in a small town and don't have a Toyota dealer. Henceforth, we will be deciding upon our purchase at home and then DH will be driving to the big city to pick it up alone. I want to ensure that the children will be safe and the car seats will install easily without much trouble. Also, i'm considering selling the Britax Advocate and purchasing the Click-Tight Britax FF seat instead.
Thanks in advance. :):):)

ADS

bubbaray

We had a 2009 Tacoma crew cab and it sucked for car seats. I don't believe there have been major changes in it since then. I would definitely look at the Tundra. And no, the airbag won't have a key-off switch unless you get a 2 door model.

U

Unregistered

Both Tacomas and Tundras have different cab options that will have more or less space. We have a Tundra Crewmax (4-door, full backseat) and even the largest carseats we've had have fit RFing with no issues. The backseat is far bigger than most sedans and SUVs (we fit 3 across or 2 carseats with an adult in the middle easily) and has LATCH in the 2 outboard positions. HTH!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC