Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

High Back Booster versus Booster in 2015 Suburban

My daughter is 6 1/2 years old. She has been harnessed in the middle of the 3rd row of our 2015 Suburban but has outgrown that car seat. She rides nicely in a high back booster in my sedan. She wants to stay in the middle 3rd row but the issue is there is no latch system or head rest in the middle of the 3rd row. I really want a latched high back booster but it would do me no good in the 3rd row. I don't like the idea of the booster not being secured when no one is in the seat. She doesn't want to move to the bucket seats. What are my alternatives? Am I being too restrictive about this?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

She'll just need to seatbelt the booster in when she's leaving it. And you'll need to choose a booster that doesn't require headrest support behind it.

That position has a lap/shoulder belt, right? Not just a lap belt?
    Mom to tall guy, 6, in a Frontier 90 and Graco Affix
    - - - and small guy (not so small any more!), 3, RFing in a Clek Fllo and Cosco Scenera NEXT