Question can 3 seats fit in a subaru tribeca?

U

Unregistered

I have a 2008 subaru tribeca and am wondering it its possible to put 3 carseats across. Has anyone else done this and what seats do you use?

I believe there is only latch hooks on the outside seats so the center seat would have to be installed using the seatbelt. Right now I have a 5 yr old (35 lbs) behind the driver in an evenflo triumph, and a 2.5 yr old (33 lbs) behind the passenger in a britax marathon, both front facing. It doesn't seem that another seat would fit very well right now with those seats. But if we have another child I'd rather hold off on buying a van and adding another car payment for awhile.

If you've fit 3 across in this car, what carseats did you use?
Thanks!

ADS

BananaBoat

We have a 2011 Tribeca and have fit 3-across using narrow seats. The Radian is very narrow, so you could do 2 Radians, both outboard and a Keyfit in the center. We do 3-across for carpooling regularly, so it's certainly feasible. As your kids get older and into boosters, that's actually where it gets harder as the base of most boosters tend to be wider than many 5-point harness seats AND you have to access the buckle every time you're in and out of the car.

Good luck! We love our Tribeca - way better than the Foresters we used to have!

gigi

You can't do it with those seats, but with others you can. Your best luck will be a RF G4 Britax in the middle and 1 FF seat, 1 LBB outboard. For the 5+ year old a Clek Olli outboard puzzles perfectly with the G4. Also a Costco Topside. High back boosters are generally incompatible with this car. The Nautilus is compatible as a HBB BUT not in a 3 across. I would try a radian or a Maestro on the other side of the G4 marathon.

I also successfully puzzled a Snugride 35 center and a Maestro outboard passenger (a Radian likely would also work). I am sure you could also put a Topside LBB behind the driver with that set up but I never tried.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC