Plus one Odyssey seat

mping

I really should have searched the forums here before I went and tried to install my Blvd CT on it in the sweltering heat and humidity. Seriously was a rookie move on my part. I love this seat but really wish it was narrower to fit on that seat. The option of 3 across is so nice but the big kids fight who gets to sit next to the baby if he's on the end. It's a good problem to have :)
And I also really hate the belt fit for my booster riders in the plus one seat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

bella_1818

I have a 2013. Don't know if the plus one is different, but I have an Advocate CT there. It installs nicely RF as long as I have it perfectly centered on the seat when I start.

lgenne

The +1 was redesigned in 2011, and works a lot better for car seats than the older one.

Also, bella, do you have your second row in narrow mode? If not, Britax doesn't approve the side overhang that the CT seats have on the latest +1.

mping

I don't believe side overhang is approved at all, right?

lgenne

Depends on the manufacturer? Britax definitely says no. In narrow mode, there is no overhang at all.

bella_1818

I don't have overhang in narrow mode, but there is overhand in wide mode. I suspect there wouldn't be FF, but haven't tried.

Right now she's outboard because she keep kicking her brother.

jwilliams

Sorry, what does narrow mode and wide mode mean?

In MY 2011+, you can move the outboard seats away from the middle seat to create more room on the middle row bench. Instructions are in the manual, it's a little tricky at first.

mping

I have an '09. I can either leave the captain seats where they are and put the plus one seat in or move over the passenger side captain seat so it's next to the other one allowing an aisle for the third row.

mping

Ok, after reading more I understand that the newer models have the option to slide the captain seats over a little to allow more room on the middle seat. Is that right?

jwilliams

Ok, after reading more I understand that the newer models have the option to slide the captain seats over a little to allow more room on the middle seat. Is that right?

Yes. It creates a little gap between the captains chairs and the middle seat. The sliding option is missed by some people, especially because that seat is still tricky.

BTW by MY, I meant "model year," I wasn't emphasizing that it was my van (it's not!). :)

mping

So I could have my Blvd CT on the plus 1 seat with captain seats adjacent? I might have to try this again. When it's not 95 degrees out [emoji41]

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC