Question Britax Clicktight Anti-Rebound Bar (ARB)

wsxcde

I just installed the Britax Advocate Clicktight in rear-facing mode. If I install the Britax Anti-Rebound Bar, will it take up more front-to-back space like the Clek Fllo with ARB? Thanks.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've found a slight difference but not much in most vehicles. It's still very compact. In fact in most cars it buys you a bit more leg room even at a more upright angle, which can be nice.

aporthole

In my vehicle, the ARB on the Britax ClickTights does not make any impact at all on front to back space required. The ARB does not make firm contact with the vehicle seatback. It is most free floating and has a lot of play/wiggle to it so that it doesn't even touch the vehicle seat back at all.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
In my vehicle, the ARB on the Britax ClickTights does not make any impact at all on front to back space required. The ARB does not make firm contact with the vehicle seatback. It is most free floating and has a lot of play/wiggle to it so that it doesn't even touch the vehicle seat back at all.
Yeah, that happens with contoured vehicle seats.

aporthole

Interesting. I've only seen it in contoured seats.

What angle is it at?

It is currently fully reclined for my 3 month old. Prior to that it was very upright (black recline bead less than a centimeter from fully upright) for my RFing 3 year old. At the very upright angle the bar barely grazed the seat back and could be pulled away from the seat back over an inch. Right now, fully reclined, there is at least a 2 finger width gap between the ARB and the seat back at the closest and when you pull it toward the front of the vehicle, it is at least 4" away for maximum play.

wsxcde

Thanks for all the replies. I bought the ARB from Britax and installed it in our 2008 Mazda 3. The ARB does not touch the seat at all though the Advocate Clicktight car seat itself is pressed firmly against the seat. There is quite a bit of free play for the ARB. The gap between the ARB and the seat varies from 0.5 to 1 inch. So, the ARB does not take up any extra space in this case. But, I am not sure how much extra protection it will offer in an accident given the gap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC