Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: ISO RSTV

Senior Community Member

ISO RSTV

I'm looking for a RSTV 2 in a size small.
    Mama to DS1 7-98 in a seatbelt, DS2 11-07 in an Affix and Turbobooster, DD1 12-10 RF in a Headwise, DD2 4-12 RF in a Headwise
    Loving wife to DH

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: ISO RSTV

darn I have a large. let me know if you end up needing a large
    Ginny
    Mom to 4!
    DS1 16yo, DS2 15yo, DD 11yo & DS3 9yo

Senior Community Member

Shoot. He's about 47# right now and really skinny. I think the large would just be too big.
    Mama to DS1 7-98 in a seatbelt, DS2 11-07 in an Affix and Turbobooster, DD1 12-10 RF in a Headwise, DD2 4-12 RF in a Headwise
    Loving wife to DH

CPS Fanatic

I can't imagine a 47lb or 47" kid fitting in a small RSTV 2. My 43", 39 lb daughter has outgrown it by height (she is mostly in 5 shirts).

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gigi View Post
    I can't imagine a 47lb or 47" kid fitting in a small RSTV 2. My 43", 39 lb daughter has outgrown it by height (she is mostly in 5 shirts).
    Really?!?! I guess I'd better get a large!
    Loving wife to DH

CPS Fanatic

She just fits the waist (she wears 4 shorts) but it is too short. They have a very narrow window of fit for slim kids. By the time the waist fits, they are often getting too short.

Senior Community Member

I wonder if a large would be too big but a small too small.
    Loving wife to DH

CPS Technician

FWIW my skinny son fit fine in his size small until he reached the 60lb limit. Actually, it seemed too long for his torso for much of the time he wore it but I was assure it was still safe despite the shoulders of the vest not being flush with his shoulders.

I have the small he just outgrew but it has some velcro wear issues and am still awaiting a response from the company. So I may have a small available to sell once I hear back.