Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Combination car seat

I am looking for a combination seat for my almost 4 year old. It will be going in a 2005 Malibu. Is there a certain one that would fit better in this car? I was looking for one about $150.00. Maybe an Evenflo maestro or secure kid, or the graco nautlis or argo?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I'd go for the SecureKid personally unless you have a petite kid. I like our Maestro but the booster is outgrown at the same time the harness is and the SecureKid has 65 pound weight limit vs 50 for the Maestro, and the SK has cool self ratcheting LATCH in some models. Some people complain that the Graco seats are uncomfortable and cause head flop, but that really varies from kid to kid.
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

Re: Combination car seat

Thank you. She is in the 25th percentile for height. Right now, she is 37 inches, and about 42 pounds. She is a cosco now, but she is very uncomfortable in it, and she keeps unbuckling herself because she doesnt like it. I think she is starting to outgrow it anyway.
    There are just so many car seats out there, and I have no idea which are the best ones.

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: Combination car seat

I have owned most of the seats you listed and personally liked the Nautilus the best in my car, but liked the Secure Kid the most in another car. It really does depend on the vehicle and the child.

Are you able to go try out seats in your car to see what works best for your child and your vehicle?

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Make sure the top straps are above her shoulders a lot of cosco seats are outgrown fairly early. Really any of those seats would probably be fine for a petite kid, you may want to take her into a store and have her sit in each one and see if she has any complaints.
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria