Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Convertible seat for 2008 and 2010 Honda Civic.

Hi there!
    My 4 month old is a big boy and will most likely be outgrowing his peg perego primo viaggio 4-35 this summer. He is on the highest height setting now so I want to start my search for a replacement asap. My budget isn't as important as provenance. I do not want a Chinese-made car seat. I would prefer a European, Canadian, or even US made car seat.
    My husband and I both have Honda civics (2008 & 2010 same body).

Thank you!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Convertible seat for 2008 and 2010 Honda Civic.

Here is the list of where seats are made:

http://carseatblog.com/25477/country...eats-are-made/
    Mama to my awesome environmentalist kid Levi! (google him if you'd like!)
    7-13-07, 55", 62lbs
    Rearfaced to 8yrs, 9months (is now 10) Still boostered!
    CPST as of 6/19/08!

4. Thank You from:

Big kid and want North American- or European-made? I strongly suggest the Clek Foonf or Fllo.

http://carseatblog.com/31754/clek-fl...e-i-say-royal/

http://carseatblog.com/25386/clek-fo...fety-features/
    Mom to tall guy, 6, in a Frontier 90 and Graco Affix
    - - - and small guy (not so small any more!), 3, RFing in a Clek Fllo and Cosco Scenera NEXT

Although if he's very much more tall than heavy, you might get more RF time out of a Britax Clicktight Boulevard or Advocate.

I would strongly suggest playing with the seats in the store and test-installing them in your car, to see if you like them. Buy Buy Baby typically has the Fllo and definitely has the Clicktight convertibles. Clek's website lists other retailers. Babies R Us has the Britax Clicktights and will let you try them in your car.
    Mom to tall guy, 6, in a Frontier 90 and Graco Affix
    - - - and small guy (not so small any more!), 3, RFing in a Clek Fllo and Cosco Scenera NEXT

Unregistered

Our first is coming in a few weeks, and we just bought a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35. We're having problems getting it to fit in a 2009 Honda Civic. Did you have any of these problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

I would suggest starting your own thread so your question doesn't get lost.

Are you trying to install your seat with a seatbelt or with LATCH? In which position (center or outboard) are you trying to install the seat?

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...