I can't quit you, Scenera NEXT

lgenne

I was supposed to be replacing my Scenera NEXT due to the lack of harness pads. But the musical car seats in our Ody have been ridiculous this past week. I was supposed to put things back the way they were before our trip, except with the new Milestone in the +1 instead of the Scenera NEXT.

Except I had taken off the cover of the Milestone to wash it at my in laws'. MIL decided to help out and washed it for me in her most obnoxiously scented laundry detergent. I just couldn't install it again. So I brought it in the house and took the Scenera NEXT out. It was the easiest part of this round of the car seat shuffle.

ADS

1mommy

My kid is crazy, he hates harness pads, and rips them off every seat he can. He tore them off his True Fit and his Maestro and threw a hissy fit when I tried to put them back on. Surprisingly tho he has been ok with the huge ones on the Pria. Granted maybe he was just too busy throwing a hissy fit because I turned his seat back around (I wanted to try out the Pria froward facing to see how it would do and he didn't want to go backwards again - but has since accepted it). Thanks for reminding me I wanted to buy the milestone and see how it did instead of the Pria.

JlynnB

Lol. The lack of harness pads on the NEXT isn't as much of a problem as I thought it would be. I had purchased a My Ride LX late last year for DD, and I ended up upgrading to the DLX, mainly for the harness pads! Okay, so I wanted the nicer insert, too; but the naked straps drove me crazy on that seat and always seemed to dig into DD's skin. I bought a NEXT to keep at my parents' house this summer, though; and the straps really weren't an issue, even with summer clothes! I really like that seat.

lgenne

Seriously, it's like I SHOULD hate it, with the continuous harness and the no harness pads and the no EPS...but I can't. It's just this easy, simple car seat that I love. I still won't use it for long trips because of the lack of harness pads, but I might just keep using it day to day.

Especially since the Milestone cover still stinks. I washed it once in my detergent. It's better but still not something I want to be close to.

tentoes

I know, right?? We used it extensively while away at grandma and I keep turning toward it for even short trips here (could be the sleeker cover, or the way it installs so dang nicely with no noodles or towels!! <3 ).

lgenne

Yay!

After like 5 washes, my Milestone cover is finally acceptable. It's even back on the Milestone. But the Milestone is still in my dining room. Partly because DS1 has had some trouble lately sitting correctly in his booster and still barely fits the Milestone FF, so it's what he knows he'll be in if he can't sit still. Partly because my motivation to make the switch is roughly zero.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC