Volvo XC90 with built in RF seat

ADS

AllieK

This does look very cool, although I wonder about the front airbags...? I can also imagine myself constantly leaning forward (out of position) to tend to the baby!

Dillipop

This does look very cool, although I wonder about the front airbags...? I can also imagine myself constantly leaning forward (out of position) to tend to the baby!

There wouldn't be an airbag there. When not used for a child, I believe it becomes the console for a footrest again .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, heck yeah! Love it!
Put a sliding door on that car and you'll really have a winner.

US airbag regulations have been a problem from the get-go, we started off assuming the front seat is always loaded with an unbuckled full size person. When you are allowed to assume different sized people (ie, every baby in Sweden RF) will be properly restrained, you can take down the injury risk from airbags, and give people the responsible option to turn them off effectively. I remember years ago reading that the US was forcing advanced airbags on the car makers before the technology was perfected, and sure enough, look at the millions and millions of recalls.

Anyway, this is just soooo soooo soooo cool, even if I never get or need one, I love how technologies and ideas trickle down to other companies. Maybe they can slap a gold badge on it, raise the price, and grab some market share from Rolls Royce :cool:

Hazelandlucy

Oh, heck yeah! Love it!
Put a sliding door on that car and you'll really have a winner.

US airbag regulations have been a problem from the get-go, we started off assuming the front seat is always loaded with an unbuckled full size person. When you are allowed to assume different sized people (ie, every baby in Sweden RF) will be properly restrained, you can take down the injury risk from airbags, and give people the responsible option to turn them off effectively. I remember years ago reading that the US was forcing advanced airbags on the car makers before the technology was perfected, and sure enough, look at the millions and millions of recalls.

Anyway, this is just soooo soooo soooo cool, even if I never get or need one, I love how technologies and ideas trickle down to other companies. Maybe they can slap a gold badge on it, raise the price, and grab some market share from Rolls Royce :cool:

I love the bottle warmer and diaper storage! I can see this coming in a minivan if it at goes well with the Volvo. Wonder how long that seat lasts for?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC