3 across puzzling question

purplemama

I really need to get 3 across in DHs Honda Accord. My van broke down and we had no choice but to transport our kids unsafely. My 45# 7 year old was center with just the seatbelt, my 28# 4 year old was in a high back turbobooster, and my 3 year old was FF harnessed in a Headwise (that was okay but the other 2..... yikes). I simply didn't have seats that would work.
I put the Headwise center but because of the odd base nothing fits beside it. I was thinking maybe a myride center, booster one side, cosco next other side. Does anyone know if the next will puzzle nicely with the myride? Or maybe the graco contender? In looking online the base looks narrower than the Headwise.

ADS

momtoo3

A FF myride in the center with a graco nautilus and a nbb on either side worked in dh's 2010 malibu where nothing else would work for us. My favorite nbb was the cosco ambassador/HiRise (same seat different names.) It's shape made it easy to buckle.

I bet a harmony defender would work in place of the nautilus too, it just wasn't around back then when we needed it.

The myride is awesome ff for three across with two low profile seats on the sides.

purplemama

I really want to keep the 3 year rear facing. She's autistic and she flipped out at being forward facing. Like meltdown for hours flipped out. :(

jwilliams

Didn't work. I really don't know what to do. I'm so frustrated right now.
It's a frustrating vehicle sometimes. What about the 3yo and 4yo outboard in seats and the 7yo in the center using a vest? It's a decent center seat, so I think it would be comfortable.

jaemom

It's a frustrating vehicle sometimes. What about the 3yo and 4yo outboard in seats and the 7yo in the center using a vest? It's a decent center seat, so I think it would be comfortable.

Or a bubblegum? That worked in the center of my ford fusion when nothing else would.

JlynnB

Not sure if it helps, but I can fit a rf MyRide center in my '06 CRV with a HB TurboBooster driver side and a Harmony Youth LB booster passenger side.

Good luck!

purplemama

That's what I'm thinking more might work best. I know nothing about the rstv though. Is it easy to use?

jwilliams

That's what I'm thinking more might work best. I know nothing about the rstv though. Is it easy to use?
I think most people consider it relatively easy to use but not something they would want to do every day for a long time. Is this a temporary situation?

jwilliams

It's not exactly temporary but it would be used probably not even once a week.
I think that would be fine for a vest. I've never used one but threads pop up fairly often on here, and it seems like once a week-ish wouldn't be too aggravating.

That car, ugh. It's nice and all, but the back seat is so awkward for three car seats. I manage to do three across but it's not easy and there are two RXTs involved [emoji19]

mping

Rf Radian center and one outboard too with a nbb on the other side? (If Radians are in the budget)

jwilliams

It's not exactly temporary but it would be used probably not even once a week.
I was thinking about this today and had some free time. I am able to easily do, from driver to passenger, FF Radian, RF Radian with AA, and a Harmony Youth nbb.
f44bf6f2e4fb32551627a75a7f26bb3d.jpg
afe228cecff1f812f7aafeb45f9e5e9c.jpg
10afdab0f19b37c2fbf57ba1e2d80dbd.jpg

Buckling actually wasn't bad. I'd definitely want the nbb on the passenger side to avoid accidental unbuckling of one of the seats. (Excuse the routing on that last picture, I was actually sitting in the seat [emoji38] ).

Rm2000hg

I have an accord & I've done a

- Scenera rf in between a radian and a harmony nbb

-rf marathon, ff radian in center & harmony nbb on outside
- ff radian, rf marathon in center, & harmony nbb
- ff radian, ff marathon in center, & harmony nbb

I don't know if that info helps at all... I'm guessing that the my ride would fit rear facing in center w radian & nbb on outside too

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC