Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005 Honda

Unregistered

2005 Honda

We are considering taking on a foster child, bringing us to three under three. We'd like to keep two rear facing. We have a Graeco and a Evenflo that are 17.5 inches. We are looking into Radions to be a rear facing. Our car is a 2005 Honda Civic. Any suggestions without having to buy three Radions?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 2005 Honda

You might have better luck "puzzling" and putting the FF in the middle, its often easier for a rf seat to be next to a ff seat. You also will want to install all with the seatbelt, it can often gain you a well needed inch or two over using latch. You can also try it out before hand by going to a toys r us or buy buy baby and ask if you can install it in car just to test it out (or amazon with free returns if that works better for you) Sorry no personal experience.
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

CPS Fanatic

What are the ages and sizes of the children?

The Scenera NEXT is a great little narrow budget seat. You can get a 2 pack of them for $85 with free shipping from Walmart.com. It should work great for your rear facers. I'm not sure exactly which car seats you have right now, but if you can get a good side by side install with them, you might only need one more ($44, purchase in store at Walmart or add $6 of other stuff to get free shipping cheaper than paying for shipping.)

CPS Fanatic

We have a 2005 Civic. Nothing worked for us. Only fits 2.
    Not saying we tried everything out there...and now that we have booster riders who knows. At the time we had 3 under 3.

Perhaps someone has a 3 in a row that actually works.
    We had 3 Radians too to work with but I don't remember reading anyone was able to do even that. But, I could have missed it!
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car

Senior Community Member thepote's Avatar
    For those super-tight spaces I've had luck with a radian next to a high-base seat like the MyRide or ProSport. The radian literally fits 4-6" under the flared sides of the seat next to it.