Booster seats for trip to UK

Boot

My kids are 5 and 8 and about 40 and 60 pounds. Both tall for their age and skinny.

I'm taking them to the UK this summer for a month on my own. We will be in 3 different places and are taking the train between destinations. We will be in friends cars and rental cars quite a bit.

I want to order 2 lbb and have them sent to my friend who is picking us up from the airport. Because of all the train travel and wanting something they can carry themselves I thought I would get Trunki boosterpaks but they're so expensive. The other option would be bubblebums which would be a bit cheaper but I'm not sure if they're suitable for my 5 year old.

I could also possibly get two cheap light lbb and just suck it up and lug them around. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there something I'm missing?

ADS

Dillipop

I'd take 2 bubblebums. Both children for within the guidelines for weight and age and they are lightweight and squish able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adventuredad

You can bring to LBB from US but sounds more convenient to order them online in UK or just have a friend stop by and by a couple. If you prefer a HBB for some longer trips when the kids are sleeping then Britax Adventure is a great option. Also called Hiliner in UK.

The seat is light weight at 7 lbs and also comfortable. It's also one of the cheapest seats available at around 35 GBP. This has been my preferred seats for many years and is also a favourite among customers. I've been using it for my kids for many years.

Safety is the same for LBB and HBB according to research by Arbogast in US. If drives are longer it's nice to have the higher back to avoid the kids moving around too much while sleeping.

Enjoy your trip.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC