Foonf or Fllo??

melissa621

I'll preface this by saying that I know that all seats are safe, I'm just paranoid and look into this stuff WAY more than I should.

My DS is 2.5 right now. He's pretty small for his age (34" and 24lbs). I had a Foonf a few months ago, and I LOVED that seat. My son hated the fabric of the particular one we had, so I returned it. I'm looking at either getting a Foonf or a Fllo in Thunder or maybe even Drift, since the fabric is different.
I do like the fact that the FLLO sits lower for RF, but we'd really probably only be using this seat RF for about 6-7 months. His dad has been itching to turn him FF and I agreed that we can turn him in his car at 3. I'm not really worried about wasting money on a convertible, since he's so small that I have no doubt that he will make it to booster age in this seat.

I was looking at the Foonf vs Fllo crash data on their website and noticed that the numbers are better for the Foonf with the 3 year old and 6 year old FF. That is kind of swaying me decision torward the Foonf. Is this seat generally well liked FF? Just trying to decide if its worth if to spend a little extra since it we will be using it FF more than RF.

Is the rigid latch the only real difference between the 2 seats?

ADS

Dillipop

I am using a ffing foonf right now and it is one of my favorites for ffing. It fits my 4.5 year old really well and is super easy to do. I have mine latched with the rigid latch and am also using the seatbelt as my dd is 40 lbs. I loved that I can use both latch and seatbelt with the foonf to get the benefits of their react system while having the benefits of the higher weight limits of a seatbelt.

Only con is that the seat is really tall and blocks my view where I currently have it. Side mirrors are my friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnsnyde

I got the Fllo b/c the con of a blocked view was too much, with the Foonf.
I really regret not having rigid latch...but I guess I had to choose!

Dillipop

Do you guys know if the Foonf sits higher than the Fllo when FF or are they about the same?

I have no idea, as rigid latch is what sold me on the foonf and the FILO was just coming out when I bought it. I never compared them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melissa621

Hmmm I found a 2014 Foonf in Cloud for the same price as the 2015 Fllo. I think that may have made my decision easier!!

Hazelandlucy

If you are FF in 6 months I would get the Foonf. The base comes off so it's lower than when RF (about equal or lower than Fllo) and rigid latch really is a safety advantage.

melissa621

Yea...that's what I'm thinking. He'll be FF in our other car a little sooner than I'd like. I have a Foonf Tokidoki Rebel in my Amazon shopping cart and I'm almost ready to bite the bullet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC