WOOHOO - 3 across in the 3rd row of a Sienna

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
Yes, it's true. The Radian is no good with the seatbelt in the 3rd row of Siennas (2004 and up):thumbsdown: So I just tried 3 Britax (2MA and 1 DC) and to my surprise and delight - they fit!!!! :thumbsup: Of course 2 of them are RF and 1 is FF, but I was just amazed at how well they puzzled together and how solid each of them installed with the seatbelt. So yay my dilemma is over!!! My niece can now sit in a Regent in one of captain's chairs IF (thinking good thoughts) we have baby #3 late next year. Now that I know all the car seats will fit, I guess it's time to actually start focusing on making that 3rd baby.

*going outside right now to take my dorkness to a whole other level by taking pictures I will gladly post if anyone is interested*

ADS

scatterbunny

YES, of COURSE we want pictures! :love: Congratulations, three-across with all Britax is quite a feat. :) I wonder if it will work when one of the RF seats has to go FF? Probably something to try on another day. You worked hard enough already. ;)

I was just as excited when I got three-across the third row of my 1999 Windstar the other day. :p It's only 48 inches wide, and I've tried it before with no luck, but the addition of one new seat to my collection and it worked!

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
Please excuse the poor lighting. Kids are sleeping and didn't want to open the garage door and possibly wake them up early.

Note: RF tether and FF top tether not installed, and some of the latch straps aren't stowed. Since these seats won't actually be in this configuration for quite some time (I have yet to conceive and grow that baby for several months), I didn't bother with all the extras that go along with a permanent installation.

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
Awesome! 3 Britax across in the third row!
Wasn't there someone that had 3 regents in the middle row (8 passenger sienna)?

Yes, I am sure that is entirely possible if you have 3 seats in the 2nd row. There is no overhang when I install a Regent on one of the captain's chairs.

Unfortunately we only have the 7 passenger model, so 3 in the 3rd row is the only option I have =)

lynsgirl

Awesome! 3 Britax across in the third row!
Wasn't there someone that had 3 regents in the middle row (8 passenger sienna)?

I wish I could try it! I've had 2 Regents and a MA across the middle row with no problems and 3 across in the third row a couple of times (FF MA/Cargo/FF MA; hb TB/FF MA/PW), but I'm very impressed by the three Britax convertibles set-up, since the 2 MAs/Cargo was extremely tight and very difficult to achieve.

Chameleon

Very cool! I've only had one 3 across situation that I've tried. That was 2 FPSVD's FF and one Lowback booster, not sure of the brand but I don't think it was a Graco, because that was too wide, I think it was the cheaper one.

Oh and yes it's very easy to do any 3 across in the middle even with a Regent thrown in there. Right now I have the Regent in the middle due to Lexi's car lines at school, and I have a RF FPSVD on one side for the weekend and Dallas' MA on the other.

supermommyof2

After trying several times, I finally got my Radian in the 3rd row of my 06 Sienna, middle w/sb (it does go in great with Latch ps & middle as well as 2nd row capt. chairs). 3 twists in the buckle, using the built-in recline foot, and pulling the seatback upright after tightening the belt did the trick. The only thing that might make it not acceptable is the gap in the seatbacks (last two pics) I would love it if a tech could chime in on this :love: If it's good, then 3-across would work w/a FF Radian w/Latch (or a narrow RF seat) on ps and a RF seat on ds (maybe a narrow booster:confused:, no tether anchor here) One position that will work past 48lbs is better than none, hopefully ds 1 & 2 won't both need it at the same time;)

DS1 4 1/2, 38lbs FF Radian
DS2 2 1/2, 32lbs FF Cosco, soon to be Radian when my "replacement" gets here:)
I babysit a 13mo old, 22lbs, RF MA

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Cool. :thumbsup:

To the previous poster, cool as well. :thumbsup: I can't see your pictures, though, because your link prompts me to login to Facebook. :( I usually don't diagnose installs from pictures but I'd love to see them any way because I have the same van. :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC