Graco 4ever All-in-one Head Slumping

NYAVGUY

Hi,

I just got the Graco 4ever All-in-one for my 34 lb. 38' 3.5-year old to be FF in our 2016 Acura MDX. He was in a Britax Boulevard FF in our old car, but that needed replacement after the car was hit while parked and totaled). I have it installed per the instructions on recline position 4, which is very reclined compared to other seats. This instruction doesn't totally make sense to me since every car had a different angle on their seat. Even in that position, the fact that the head rest sticks out more than the back rest is causing his head to fall forward when sleeping. This isn't an issue with the infant insert as that evens it out. Is this just not a good seat for FF and sleeping? He had no trouble in the Britax Boulevard or in a Graco Nautilus that I have in our other car.

Just curious if others have this issue and if I should consider returning/exchanging the seat for something else. I got the 4ever so I would have a second seat that could be used RF for my 1-year old in the future as I already have a Britax Frontier Clicktight and Graco Nautilus (being used for camp bus this summer). I guess since these seats don't have infant inserts for RF, the headrest is more level with the rest of the back padding making it better for older kids.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I briefly used that seat a while ago, so it's not fresh in my mind, but it's there LOL. I don't remember it being worse than other seats in terms of head slump--that's something that just kind of happens sometimes. A lot of it depends on the kid as much as the seat.

That seat does have a headrest that sticks out more than some others, IIRC, so a different seat might help, though it might not. (Sorry, I realize that's not too helpful.)

Your kid is probably old enough that you could show him/her how to put his/her head kind of to the side when sleepy. That might also help.

NYAVGUY

Thanks, I think I will just get another Britax Convertible. He was comfortable in the Boulevard G3 we used to have. He looks small in the Britax Pioneer Clicktight, but slept well without head slumping on Sunday. I think I will move that to my car for around town on weekends and get the Boulevard G4.1 or clicktight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC