Question Ex-Radian fan looking for HBB with latch

lillie3

My 6 year old son is currently in a Diono R100, with seatbelt. He is a good size kid, at 47 inches tall and 52 lbs. We have him in the third row of our 2013 Honda Odyssey.

The problem is, we noticed the metal belt guide of the Radian is slightly chewing up our seatbelt back there. The belt has a few marks where the metal positioning loop edge has caught the seatbelt, and that is scary to me because I don't want any weak points on the fabric of the belt.

We are looking for a new HBB for him because of this, and also because he is constantly leaning forwards out of the seat to hear what we say in the front row, and I'm constantly yelling at him to sit back while we are on the road. I am not a fan of the Radian R100 anymore. The sides are too shallow and feel insubstantial. Plus it's a seatbelt eater, apparently.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a latched HBB for a 6 year old?? I have 2 other children and can't always remember to seatbelt the loose booster seat in, so some form of attachment is necessary.

(Price doesn't matter. I can move the son to the other side of the third row behind the driver where the seatbelt is unchewed. Other children are an infant in a RF Fllo and a 4 yr old in a Recaro Perf Sport, both in the middle row, so I could technically move him to the middle row with them but I'd rather not).

Thanks so much!

ADS

CMeMeC

The radian doesn't always (usually not) provide a good fit in booster mode. It isn't adjustable, often resulting in poor belt placement. I would consider a britax parkway sgl, recaro performance booste, graco affix, or chicco kidfit.

lillie3

Thanks for the suggestions! We ultimately decided to go with a Graco AFFIX high back booster with latch, to keep me from having to rush back to his seat and buckle it in every time I dropped him off for school lol. He loves how easy it is to seatbelt himself in now, and the belt guides aren't roughing up his seatbelt anymore!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC