SecureKid and NEXT on a plane

meljc

Any installation tips? Will I need extenders or a buckle flip? I haven't used either seat much yet so I'm not familiar with their quirks, though I've use my CCO on a plane many times. Thanks!

ADS

meljc

Actually if you had to choose, which seats would you bring for my two tiny children? Flight is only 3hrs, then we're renting a mid-size and will be driving around for a week

DS 3.5yo: SecureKid DLX, CCO FF, NEXT RF (only if the longer crotch strap arrives today)
DD 1yo: CCO RF, NEXT RF

meljc

Sorry, I only have one of each seat! Just wondering how to arrange the kids in them since I'm spoiled for choice :D

MotoMommaNH

If you've used the CCO on planes before go with that one for the older kiddo, it'll make things less stressful. Plus it's nice and compact and will be easier to manage. Then NEXT for the 1yo

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

meljc

So FF DS in CCO and RF DD in NEXT? Or swap Seats and RF both?

If you've used the CCO on planes before go with that one for the older kiddo, it'll make things less stressful. Plus it's nice and compact and will be easier to manage. Then NEXT for the 1yo

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Posted via Mobile Device

meljc

Well... that was a bit of a bust. I took the NEXT and the CCO, so that both kids could RF in the car. No problems there except that the NEXT kept sliding down on the leather into a NB recline... for my almost 4yo hahaha. Thankfully he didn't care.

But the plane rides weren't good. Outbound I had baby in the NEXT and big boy FF in the CCO. He was happy, but the limited pitch on our flight left poor baby girl SUUUUPER upright and she couldn't fall asleep in her seat. Ended up napping in the carrier while the seatbelt sign was off.

On the return flight, I swapped them and put baby girl in the CCO (totally happy, fell asleep before take off) and big boy RF in the NEXT. As soon as he sat down in the seat, I offered to flip him FF since his legs looked so squished. He said no and proceeded to watch a movie for the next 1.5-2 hours. But then it was time for a rest and he was super cranky and couldn't find anywhere for his legs. Crying ensued for our normally AMAZING flyer. Thankfully DH and I each had empty seats, so I convinced him to flip the seat FF (straps even with shoulders thankfully). Big boy was asleep within 5 minutes :dance:

Next flight is in October, so I guess we'll stick with FF on the plane. Nervous about 18hrs in the air with a FF kid!

JlynnB

Wow! I'd be nervous about 18 hrs regardless!

If you don't mind my asking, which airline/plane type were you flying? I haven't flown with a NEXT yet and was wondering about rf fit. I had to have a regular Scenera really upright to rf on a flight last month, but that was Allegiant. I couldn't rf a Roundabout at all on that plane last fall, upright was better than nothing but DD had a hard time sleeping, too.

meljc

Wow! I'd be nervous about 18 hrs regardless!

If you don't mind my asking, which airline/plane type were you flying? I haven't flown with a NEXT yet and was wondering about rf fit. I had to have a regular Scenera really upright to rf on a flight last month, but that was Allegiant. I couldn't rf a Roundabout at all on that plane last fall, upright was better than nothing but DD had a hard time sleeping, too.

We've done almost that length several times. It's all good :cool: The challenge will be baby girl, then 16mo, but if need be she'll have some Benadryl during the "night" portion of the flight. We might even let her watch a little Pocoyo on the kindle if we're desperate.

It was Air Canada Rouge 767-300 ER, seems to be about 31" of pitch. We had the same issue on their 31" A319 coming back, but it was more an issue of legroom than being upright since the 3.5yo big boy was in the Next. Baby girl's Coccoro fit slightly better due to the rounded shape of the base, plus she uses it with the infant insert so that gives a nice reclined shape within the seat.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Canada/Air_Canada_Boeing_767-300ER_v2.php

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC