Odyssey Middle Row w/Chicco KeyFit and Radian RXT

kpojeta

We are debating between an Odyssey or Town and Country. One feature I think I love in the Odyssey is that I could remove one of the middle row bucket seats for more space to get kids in/situated, but still have 2 car seats using the middle seat and other bucket seat. BUT, curious if anyone has successfully used that setup with these carseats: Chicco KeyFit 35 (RF) in the middle smaller seat and Radian RXT (FF) on the bucket seat... We just aren't able to get to the dealership to try this out so I'm looking for someone that might have this setup experience and can speak on it. Frankly, if the Chicco KeyFit 35 RF can fit with any other carseat, I'm kind of assuming it will fit in this setup with a Radian since that's one of the narrowest carseats out there.
Thank you!!

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I am no help with specifics, sorry, but if you're trying to choose between two vehicles, the Odyssey is vastly more child- and carseat-friendly than the T&C.

jwilliams

Here they are, all RF. There was loads of space and the RXT loves those captains chairs. I'm pretty positive it wouldn't matter what direction the RXT was installed. This is a 2012 Odyssey. I don't think I even had it in wide mode.
e70280d9028c3ef2aa0fa5d9329004d6.jpg

lgenne

I started a reply, then got interrupted and came back to find that other people had answered with pictures!

The tricky part of the 2nd row of the Odyssey is finding car seats that install well in that center seat. The KF base installs like it was designed for that spot specifically! Also, you can put a Frontier 90 in a captain's chair next to a Keyfit, easily. We did have it in wide mode, but I think we could've moved it closer and been fine. Getting the Keyfit in and out between a RF Radian and an FR90 with those big arms was certainly no fun, but it fit fine.

I don't think anyone here is going to steer you toward a T&C if an Odyssey is in the budget.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC