Question What highback booster for 8.5 year old?

saoirse

ihave not been on since 2013, but it is time for my middle child to get a new seat. she will be 6 and moving out of a myride to inherit her older brothers GN.

older brother 8.5 will need a new seat.
i have chosen to do this because we can get a decent booster cheaper than a new 5 point for my almost 6 year old.

there are so many new seats since i last was shopping for one and i was looing to spend no more than $100.

the britax parkway is in that range, i am wondering how long we can use it as a highback booster?

once again i thank you guys for being here over the years :)

ADS

Baylor

At 8.5 I would get a lbb.

That way you have something easy to move and transport in. I would not get a hbb for an 8.5 yr old.

Dillipop

ihave not been on since 2013, but it is time for my middle child to get a new seat. she will be 6 and moving out of a myride to inherit her older brothers GN.

older brother 8.5 will need a new seat.

i have chosen to do this because we can get a decent booster cheaper than a new 5 point for my almost 6 year old.

there are so many new seats since i last was shopping for one and i was looing to spend no more than $100.

the britax parkway is in that range, i am wondering how long we can use it as a highback booster?

once again i thank you guys for being here over the years :)

The parkway is a great HBB and is pretty tall. The Diono Monterey is another tall one but needs head support from the vehicle. I also like the recaro performance booster- another tall one.

The first 2 become no back boosters later on. The recaro does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hmm, posting in this forum I think that the OP is Canadian.

That means that the Parkway is nowhere near $100, and also no Recaro here.

I would probably also get a backless booster for a child that age, but if you wanted a high back there's certainly nothing wrong with doing so.

What is the vehicle please, and which seating position? Can you share some details about your child's size/build?

saoirse

i finally got measurements for my son.

seated he is almost 18"at shoulder and about 26.5 inches top of head.
he is lanky build and 51" tall

we drive 2009 toyota sienna 8 pass

Last edited:

saoirse

At these measurements it looks like my 8.5. Year old would still fit in high back. I also I looked at the radian booster diono i think it is now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC