Car suggestions for three boosters?

landofoz

Right now we have a Mazda CX-9 with three car seats across the second row. I have a 35 lb kid, a 25 lb kid, and a 24 lb kid, aged 4.5, 3.5, and 2.5. The older two are forward-facing and youngest is rear-facing still. My husband's car doesn't accommodate three kids and also is at the end of its life span. Right now we have two radians (1 forward/1 rear) and a Britax Frontier. My husband has two marathons in his car at the moment. We ideally would like to keep what we have and purchase just one new seat, but for the right car, we can get new car seats. I have three things I am keeping in mind:

1) For right now, I would really like a car with top tethor anchors on three positions in the second row because I currently really like having them close to me so I can pass things back easily.

2) For later, I plan to my move my son to a booster maybe in a year or so. And of course the other two will follow in time. We like to keep our cars for 8-10 years so this car needs to get us through the booster years. Are there any cars, perhaps the Odyssey with it's 'magic seat', that would accommodate three boosters in the second row AND allow them to buckle themselves? I feel plenty of cars I could probably cram some seats in there, but not with a small child doing the buckling.

3) We do definitely also want a usable third row because it might be nice to give them more space at some point and have one child in the third row. My car now is not ideal because the third row has no latch and I do prefer latch for boosters. But I can live with that and just strap the booster in when the kid isn't in it. But the real issue with my car is if I have two car seats in the second row, it would take up more than the 60% of the second row seat so it's impossible to then get into the third row. Well it's probably possible for my son because he is only 4 and can climb, but if I have to ever help him buckle, it's not possible for me. I would like an adult to be able to get back to the to assist when needed even with the car seats in.

Is this crazy talk or do I have any options? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC