Any thoughts on the Joovy Caboose or Ultralight?

ADS

jazzpurr88

It looks better than the one they sell at BRU here. I test drove it with DS#1 4years old and DS#2 3 weeks old yesterday. DS#1 can't sit down with the carseat (SS1) straped in and he wanted to sit instead of stand. THey needed to make the stroller about two inches longer so the seat can be used with infant seat or the back down. It was hard to steer and manuver around the store. The weels don't want to turn with both kids in it. I don't think this was a 2007/2008 model. It was balck and red. I would rather have a nice stroller and a toddler board.

mom2riley

I am one handed right now. So I am going to copy and paste from another post of mine. I have the Joovy Caboose Ultralight and I LOVE it! If you have any questions, I will be back 2 handed in a bit, lol.

I have a Joovy Caboose Ultralight and I LOVE it. It pushes like a dream, even with both kids in. It maneuvers just as well as a single stroller. The sun shade is very large and is able to cover both children. It is so much lighter them my DuoGlider. The parent pocket is very large and it can hold a large soda (a must for me, lol). The only thing I have any complaints (if you can call it that) is that I was expecting it to fold up a little smaller. It does fold up much smaller then my other double, but is still a little big. Other then that it is the perfect stroller for us. My DS loves sitting in the back and has plenty of room. My husband loves it and actually enjoys pushing it. HTH some. I also saw that lovinwaves had 2 for sale in the sponsors section for $209 I think. Here is a link to some pics I took of it when we 1st got it. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v487/twhiting/Joovy/

Brendan's Mom

I have an 8 week old and a 3 1/2 year old. I was hoping to get away without getting a double stroller, but after several shopping trips I realize it would make my life easier if I had a place to put the preschooler. I looked at all the double strollers out there, but my 3 year old is tall and doesn't fit in the maclaren or graco strollers. I also tried the peg and finally realized a "sit and stand" type was the only thing available. I found a place that carries the ultralight and it does steer much nicer than the regular caboose. I also think the size is perfect. I just ordered it off of amazon and got the 10%/10% off deal mentioned in another thread. Free shipping and the discount brought me to $180. Yeah!!

andbabiesmake4

Is it for your kids? If it's for a 3 & 4 year old I wouldn't get it.. it was hard to push with just my 1 & 3 year old in it (then again my 1 year old weighs basically the same as my 3 year old)...

keri1292

Yes, it is for my boys...25lbs and 31lbs. Maybe the Ultralight is better.:confused: I guess I'll need to make the trek to BRU and try rather than buy. Or I should just keep the Mac Twin since they fit fine. We have a Pliko and noone wants to stand on the toddler steps. The problem is that they are fearless and wander away from me so easily. Maybe I just need harnesses. They'd love to be doggies walking thru the mall.:rolleyes: They both get tired of walking at the same time and I get stuck carrying BOTH of them. One in the Maya wrap on my back and one on my hip. :thumbsdown: I'll let you know how it goes!

mom2riley

Yes, it is for my boys...25lbs and 31lbs. Maybe the Ultralight is better.:confused: I guess I'll need to make the trek to BRU and try rather than buy. Or I should just keep the Mac Twin since they fit fine. We have a Pliko and noone wants to stand on the toddler steps. The problem is that they are fearless and wander away from me so easily. Maybe I just need harnesses. They'd love to be doggies walking thru the mall.:rolleyes: They both get tired of walking at the same time and I get stuck carrying BOTH of them. One in the Maya wrap on my back and one on my hip. :thumbsdown: I'll let you know how it goes!

My BFF has the regular Caboose and it stinks compared to my Ultralight in regards to the way it pushes. I have pushed my UL with a 40lb child in the front and my 34lb son on the back and it still pushed just as well as it does with my 27lb DD in the front and my DS in the back.

Brendan's Mom

I ordered my ultralight on Friday from Amazon and received it this afternoon. We just took it for walk in the neighborhood with my 9 week old in the front and my 42lb in the back and it was wonderful!! It steered beautifully and I even pushed it on flat surfaces with one hand. I had the front seat reclined which limited the space in the back, but my son never complained. I am so excited to take it to the mall tomorrow. I highly recommend the ultralight.

christi2705

I just got one and I LOVE it! I have a 6 month old (17 lbs) and a 3 yr old (33 lbs).

It is super easy to push and I was able to very easily manuever it through all the cramped aisles in the mall. Both of my girls loved it. I auctally found it easier to maneuver than my Combi single.

The parent console is nice...the drink holder pockets are really deep and hold a large drink well. The basket is easy to get to from the side and easily held 3 pretty good sized bags of clothes.

gwenvet

Don't know if this is still relavent but I too went from a MacLaren to a Joovy (not the UL) and it is a HUGE difference. I loved the Mac, but like you was getting sick of pushing it around half empty. My 4 yr old loves the back seat/stand but I have a 2 yr old, 50% kid, so not big and there is NOT alot of room in the seat for him. It's actually difficult to get him in and out with shoes getting stuck on the tray and all. I can't imagine what it will be like in another year! Compared to the Mac, the Joovy is American made junk. Within a few weeks the canopy got messed up because the hinges on it are pure plastic, and the tray is hard to get on and off. If there were an alternate other than the sit-n-stand, I would definitely look into it and sell this one ASAP.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC