Debating...which would you put newbie in?

zeo2ski

Baby is due mid December, my SR22 expires end of December, but would make it through first two weeks of Dr appts, which is all we'll leave home for anyway.

CCO expires in May. I'm not a fan of the way the newborn fit *looks* in this, but love it for older infants. My other kids have outgrown this so if I don't use it for baby I'll never use it again. Thing is when it expires my other convertibles will still be being used by my toddlers, so I'll NEED a new seat at some point anyway, but it seems to make more sense to wait til then and reevaluate what we need/what new is available.

I'm not opposed to a convertible from birth. Fit wise though I'm undecided about the snugride. My first three (36-37 weeks) were too short for the SRs, last two (39 weeks) were fine. With #3 I actually had to send DH out to get a KF to get home from the hospital even with a cloth diaper rump! I'd have the CCO for backup if baby's small, but I'm not excited about standing in the freezing winter a day postpartum trying to install the touchy CCO in my packed full (will be 6 car seats) suburban. So I should just plan to use the CCO from the start, right? I have guilt about allowing the snugride to just sit around expiring with no plans to use it though.

What would you do? Snugride, Cocorro, something new?

ADS

seb3244

I would do something new. I am not a fan of almost expired seats but that is just me.

For me I like to get the newest available technology out if I can afford it. That doesn't mean I am saying it's unsafe to use an almost expired seat that just my opinion.

Congrats on your new baby bean!!

1mommy

What about the key fit? Is money an issue? You could get a cheapo infant seat like the comfy carry elite and try sell it on Craigslist afterwords.

cookie123

What did you do with the Key Fit? I imagine if you still had it you would use that. Lol.

I would get a new seat. I did not like the Coccoro though. It didn't install well in my car and I hated the way it fit Griffin. I wanted to love it though! The cuteness of the thing makes you want to!

Now I see it as an opportunity to try another infant seat! Or if you wanted to go cheap you could do a Comfy Carry or whatever they call it now then switch to the Coccoro when you're ready to. And it would probably be easy to sell after since it's not expensive.

zeo2ski

Lol the keyfit I sent on with our last foster babe. I've been through five buckets in nine years...never hit an expiry before!

It's not that money is an issue, but it feels wasteful to not use the seats--i'll have to trash them. I don't know anyone having a baby this summer and it makes me nervous to send an almost expired seat to the thrift store or something.

cookie123

The SR 22 will basically be expired by the time you will be ready to use it and it's not that far away. If you're 2 weeks overdue it will be expired. Honestly I'd just trash it and not give it another thought. I might feel differently if it was expiring 6 months later. Just use the Coccoro if you feel it's too wasteful too buy another seat. To me, an infant seat is needed in December if it's at all in your budget.

Just re-read the Coccoro expires in May. Someone could use that for almost a year. You might use the infant seat until then, especially with a full van. Personally I might try to pass on the Coccoro, trash the SR. 22 and get a nice long lasting infant seat if only for convenience.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Here, let me enable you on a carseat board: Nuna Pipa, Aton Q, or perhaps even another KeyFit 30. You *need* a load leg. There. Decision made. :)

zeo2ski

Here, let me enable you on a carseat board: Nuna Pipa, Aton Q, or perhaps even another KeyFit 30. You *need* a load leg. There. Decision made. :)

Ha! See that's my real problem, I haven't been hanging around here lately so I have no positive influences in the matter;)

Yeah the CCO I'd pass on if I can just DECIDE something like now, it's just so small and cute and has the potential to help my desperately narrow third row's 3 across. I just hate to say goodbye because I know I'll never get another one...it's fairly useless with kids that outgrow the height (RF) at 15 months :love::rolleyes:

Alright, alright, I hear ya. Jumping off the wagon!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC