To keep or not to keep...

1mommy

I got a great deal on a bohemian red pria, but I'm not a fan, for just minor reasons, but enough to bug me. Should I just deal with it or return it? I feel so fickle after lusting after a pria and not liking it and getting a steal of a deal... Is it worth it to keep going in pursuit of that perfect car seat? Lol

Last edited:
ADS

1mommy

Lol, I kinda of feel like I'm in search of the holy grail of car seats... Am I being too picky that I don't like how it sits up high on a base so I bonk his head on the ceiling regularly? Also I feel as if his gigantic 90+% head will run out of room between the headwings? Is that a valid reason to get another car seat?

aept

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about it? I am wanting a Pria for DD eventually, especially if she stays smallish.

1mommy

Its all just minor things that erk me, like lifting DS2 into the seat and bonking his head on the car ceiling despite my trying not to (i'm short) and we used to have a Guide65 for him which is about as low profile as you can go, and DS1's seat is a True fit which is also low profile, and I don't like how the headwings seem to offer little to no growing room for his freaking huge head. I'm also not a fan of the humongous strap covers and wold prefer not to completely remove them. I think I'll try out DS1 in the seat and see how it is once he can climb into his own seat or lifting a bigger kid into it. Then I might try it out FF for DS1 (hes 3.5) for a few days to see if I like it FF but over all it was just kinda let down. I loved the idea of the seat (cushy, great color/pattern) and then it arrived and it just seemed meh

MotoMommaNH

All valid points IMO. I hate giant strap covers but I also hate when I rub baby girls neck loosening and she's wearing a strappy top or Sun dress.
And while I don't have a huge issue with head bonking, it drives DH crazy

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

MotoMommaNH

Hahhaa not that I like bonking her head....it's just more of a problem with how he loads her

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

cookie123

Yup! I strongly believe there is no "perfect" car seat or stroller. Posted via Mobile Device
I've been searching for years. Lol! And my wants /needs change, so that's a problem. :). I used to like low profile but got a different car and now prefer a higher seat so kids can see the window! That said, I HAVE really liked my Peg Perego Convertible better than others I've had.

1mommy

I've been searching for years. Lol! And my wants /needs change, so that's a problem. :). I used to like low profile but got a different car and now prefer a higher seat so kids can see the window!

LOL, and thats another gripe of mine, I can't say for certain but I feel like the headwings block his view so he can't see out the window because when I buckle in his brother he leans forward to look at me... I tired to convince the 3 year old to sit in his seat. No go - "that's a baby seat".

melissa621

Haha...I've bought/sold at least 10 seats for my 2 year old, and I'm now pretty positive that there are no perfect seats. I've also noticed that there are seats that are really good for certain ages then just kinda suck for other ages. For instance, we had an RXT when my son was about 9 months old and I HATED that seat for him then. We switched back to Britax convertibles....well now, it really sucks to squeeze him in those seat. So much so that I picked up a Radian R100 and a freaking LOVE that seat now that he's older. I so wish I hadn't sold the RXT. There are some minor things that still bug me, but I've accepted those.

rosey2007

Ive bought many seats and the only one that i really liked were the Fisher Price Safe Voyage(expired now), evenflo Triumph, and the Evenflo Sureride. My youngest is using the Sureide and this is my favorite car seat right noiw.

have to admit I'm chuckling a bit over this thread because all this time I've been feeling jealous that there are so many more ERF/EH seats than there were back in 2002 when I bought my now-13YO dd's their original RA's but now I'm thinking "I'd totally be in this second-guessing-which-seat-I-bought" game wheras back then I was thinking "I'm SO glad I got the RA's which have such an awesomely smooth harness adjuster and are so easy to install in our non-LATCH 1997 Civic, and that I *didn't* get the AOEs that I saw at Costco"
Maybe there really *is* such a thing as "too many choices" LOL

katymyers

I'm actually extremely happy with my current seats. I love my Frontier, love the Boulevards, and I loved the B Safe and Snugride 32/35s I used for my infants. I've had seats I didn't like and there are a lot of seats out that I don't like but what I have and most of what I've used in the past has made me very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1mommy

I think I'm just indecisive, its really my personalty to be a waffle, lol.

I really want to try out a fllo, but well the money (dh might kill me) and returning the steal of a deal I got on the Pria, feeling kinda weird about returning it since it's used, not to mention what if I don't like the fllo too? Then not to mention the fllo will be way overkill for DS2 who is 25-50% in weight ...

Which makes me feel like I should just deal with it, so what if I bonk his head on occasion... The grass is always greener...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC